ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Chryst

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
was fired. I have been told that this was a move to stop DC Jim Leonhard from considering other jobs. Nebraska was open and now you have Wisconsin and Colorado as well as ASU. There are not any tier one jobs open yet (Cough Auburn). If there is a year to have an opening there are some very good options....

Jim Leonhard- DC-Wiscosin- One of the top five DC's in the country. He is a very good coach. The main question is how will he do as a head coach. I am not a big fan in this day and age of hiring someone that is a DC. The game has changed and it favors the offense. Leonard is a good enough option but I expect him to get the Wisconsin job. He played there and ended coaches at Wisconsin.

Lance Leipold- At this rate Leipold should be the number one coach on any athletic directors board. He has Kansas at 5-0 and probably ranked in the top 25. He has now won at Kansas and Buffalo. Probably the two hardest jobs in the country. He can win and flat out coach.

Jeff Traylor- I looked at a coaching board on one of the Colorado sites. WOW...Bunch of retreads. I will make it easy for their AD and they don't have to pay me 500k. Traylor went 12-2 last year at UTSA. There is no reason why he should not be a guy that a P5 school takes a look at. UTSA is another terrible job. He is a very good coach who has ties to Texas. When Colorado won their NC they had a ton of players from Houston. Traylor would make sense.

Will Fritz - His is an older coach but a darn good one. He is the head coach at Tulane. They have been a terrible program until Fritz got there. He is 4-1 this year. Tulane is a tough school to get players into. Academically it is one of the tougher programs to pull kids to. He is 35-44 but has had three winning seasons not counting this one. He went 40-15 at Sam Houston State, 17-7 at Georgia Southern and 97-47 at Central Missouri.

Dave Clawson-Nebraska should seriously consider Clawson. He is a very good coach. We have seen what the guy has done at Wake. His offense would do very well at Nebraska. He has done everything that you can humanly do at a program like Wake.

Kendall Briles - Was a big fan of his at Baylor. Always wanted him at FSU and got him for one season. He has turned every offense around where ever the man has gone. The game has changed and you put him at a school like Colorado and in the Big 12, they will have one of the best offenses in the country. He would be on the list of coaches I would consider hiring.

Chris Kleiman-Kansas State head coach....Only one other coach has won at Kansas State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News