ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Fall News

I'm a huge Tiger fan, but I finally accepted in late 2014 that the Tiger of old would never return. I do hope that he is able to stay healthy, out on the course and competitive as it seems he finally was smart with his rehab like he should have been after the first back surgery.

I will say it was nice to see him at the Ryder Cup and it seem like he genuinely was happy to be out there and around the guys again, which seemed different after watching him in 2014/2015 when he actually did play. He always seemed miserable at that point.

If Tiger's learned to relax and not take things too seriously, it'll be better both for his psyche and his body. That said, his competitive fire was what drove him for decades to be great, so I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFSNOLE
DFS, I'm right there with you. Even if Tiger returns there is way too much young talent on the tour for him to ever be a force again.

I think even in his prime he would have been pushed much harder today than he was back then. Rory, Jordan, and Jason have been unsuccessful in putting together streaks last year. The talent in the guys that have been on the tour less than 5 years is ridiculous. Last year there was a different player winning each week. Most of the wins seemed to be more than 12 under. Tiger never had to deal with that.

This is JMO however.

So, he's afraid to fail? Or to look not in top form? He needs to just go ahead and announce his retirement.
12-04-14-tiger-chunk-comp.gif

04-11-15-tiger-drive-13.gif

tiger-woods-4th-shot-on-13th-at-hero-world-challenge.gif

tigerchip2.gif

tigerfail.gif

Last edited:
He may as well retire if he can't handle his decline relative to younger players gracefully.

Not the same athlete, most importantly his mindset and goals have changed. That happened long before his body broke down.

Tears, I think you are correct. However, there is a struggle going on inside Tiger's mind. Part of him wants to be back where he once was, but as you said another part of him has changed directions. This is evident in his body language, demeanor, and temperment.

The game has passed him by and he has a hard time living with his change in direction.

ok, now we get the fall debut of Tiger, tees it up at the Hero Challenge starting this Thursday. While not a tour event, this will certainly dial up viewership.

also if you didn't see it when announced
The Zurich Classic is going to a two man team event. The players reportedly teaming up should make for a very good tournament. This is an exciting change to what is usually a ho hum event. Really like the tour going for a change and this could help Olympic golf immensely IMO , as the team element is what was missing for me during the 2016 Olympics.

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/11/14/zurich-classic-to-debut-new-team-event.html

Just a reminder
We are 5 weeks away from the beginning of our first tournament

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT