ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup The Ryder Cup

Here is the point distribution for the Ryder Cup

Ryder-Cup-Champ-21.png

Just a reminder we start back up at The Sentry Tournament of Champions on Jan 6th

Was the difference this time not having Tiger there? I mean, he was not a team player and didn’t do anything to bring the teams he was on together. Seems Brandel and Rich are throwing some shade his way. What say ye?

Am I just imagining it or did Ed actually cross the threshold (of 14 and 1/2) to win the Cup this week? Are you stuffing me...? There is some serious juju in that - the U.S. needed 14 and 1/2 to claim back the Cup and Ed scores out with a...wait for it...14.5 to win the PGSF! I am literally hearing Rod Serling and the 'Twilight Zone' theme in my head right now and checking all door & window locks. This is too eerie...

Oh, and congrats Ed, by the way. Take your 500 points and the win and hibernate until January. Makes me wonder whether this question will show up on 'Jeopardy' in the near future:

I'd like the PGSF for 500.00 please...

Is known as the source of inspiration in the deepest shadows and is behind the determined effort of one player to climb atop the weekly leaderboard of Golf's greatest fantasy gathering.

Answer - who is the 'Golf Whisperer'?

Was the difference this time not having Tiger there? I mean, he was not a team player and didn’t do anything to bring the teams he was on together. Seems Brandel and Rich are throwing some shade his way. What say ye?

There was Tiger specifically his approach, mentality, and his success, combined with Phil's ego that didn't allow those teams to be closer, better. As they have gotten older you can sense they have embraced the younger guys and seem to enjoy life and golf a little more.
The younger guys have always seemed close, waiting by the clubhouse to celebrate a major win, enjoying the team matchups with what seems like a genuine investment in other guys doing well. Plus these guys have never had the Tiger cloud hanging over their heads, they just got to appreciate a few solid years and one historic Masters.

It was interesting that Stricker gave Tiger a shout out for his help with this year's team.

I don't know if Tiger was a team player or not, but he definitely was hard to pair someone up with him. And that year when whoever the captain was paired Phil up with him was just not a wise move.

There was Tiger specifically his approach, mentality, and his success, combined with Phil's ego that didn't allow those teams to be closer, better. As they have gotten older you can sense they have embraced the younger guys and seem to enjoy life and golf a little more.
The younger guys have always seemed close, waiting by the clubhouse to celebrate a major win, enjoying the team matchups with what seems like a genuine investment in other guys doing well. Plus these guys have never had the Tiger cloud hanging over their heads, they just got to appreciate a few solid years and one historic Masters.
Well said. I do like the fact that these younger guys are more down to earth and close knit from what it was like for so many years. It's refreshing. We even had a Brooks/Bryson moment after it was over too. Not sure if it's 100% true, but Stricker even said they were willing/asking to play with each other which probably eased a lot of tensions on the team and freed everyone up to play better.

I really think the spirit of camaraderie that infused the Ryder Cup team allowed Brooks and
Bryson to lay aside differences.
I don't believe JT would have put them on the spot with the whole "Let's have Brooks and Bryson hug" thing
if they weren't good.
Brooks seems to put a lot of stake in being true to himself, even if it rubs others the wrong way.

I think some advertisers could take advantage of their "feud" with some clever ads.
Maybe that is what Bryson was referring to about some 'fun things' in the future.
Either that, or they will be the 2 pros the next time we have a matchup with the likes of Brady and Peyton or whomever.

Thanks NoleinATL for running this. Looking forward to January. Hope everybody can get in some rounds and lower their handicap indexes in the next few months.

NIA, I have a question. I have no idea how you set this up and track things, but how difficult (for you) would it be to run standings after each round? Or is that too freaking time-consuming for a project that prolly takes way too much of your time as it is. Just wondering.

Reactions: NoleinATL
NIA, I have a question. I have no idea how you set this up and track things, but how difficult (for you) would it be to run standings after each round? Or is that too freaking time-consuming for a project that prolly takes way too much of your time as it is. Just wondering.

I can, once I get the picks in and set the formulas it doesn't take long, I usually do it Sunday just out of habit but can do Thursday and post leader boards ..we will test run the first couple of tournaments and see how it goes to start 2022

I can, once I get the picks in and set the formulas it doesn't take long, I usually do it Sunday just out of habit but can do Thursday and post leader boards ..we will test run the first couple of tournaments and see how it goes to start 2022
I can help too. I was running a parallel tab for a while. I have a model built and it’s pretty much plug and play.

No, NiA, say it ain't so...:oops:...what about the suspense of waiting until the last groupings on a Sunday afternoon to know where one stands...? Hope it isn't gonna be too much work for ya, Commish.

Thanks, Ed...as if I don't have enough stress already, watching my guys melt on Saturday (sometimes on Friday!) and then see myself bouncing up and down the leaderboard like a Jordan Spieth drive on a links layout...:confused: jk

Wish I could find myself a pot-bunker (not the CBD kind), and grab a wool blanket and a cooler full of tea to hibernate until January. Told myself to not think about picks until after Christmas. ;)Glad there's no fall season for the PGSF, as I am job hunting and we are trying to move by year's end. Got my hands full...

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT