ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 7 The The Genesis Invitational (sign-up is open to everyone )

I swear I don't know why I change picks, seems like every time the guy I drop plays fantastic

It was between JT and Morikawa, I chose poorly who to drop

Tiger +1 JT +2 on the day still above the cut line , but close

Reactions: NoleLizards
I simply refuse to watch this tournament until he A) misses the cut, or B) he suddenly realizes he's 30 shots behind and starts his requisite limping before he WD'S.

In the immortal words of Johnny Valentine..."He is a worm, and I have no time for worms."
I would say you'll be safe today since Tiger's round should be over or close to it by the time TV coverage begins... But I imagine they'll show his entire round during the course of the broadcast this afternoon.

Reactions: NoleinATL
JT rebounded a little today, Scheffler at -4, Rory in the hunt, Morikawa is 2 back, and Rahm and Homa waiting to tee off this could be a fun weekend of golf

Unless the wheels come off, Tiger is going to play this weekend, the coverage Sunday will be interesting

Keith Mitchell still plugging along up to -10 with two to play

I went and ruined CBS's weekend possibly. I mention Tiger should make the cut, and BOOM 3 bogies on his last 4 to finish at +1, one off the line

Anyone -6 or above and you are on the course keep your head on a swivel, a runaway cart or errant golf ball is coming your way
Almost guaranteed a report will be up shortly Keith Mitchell signed an incorrect scorecard, and he is disqualified.
CBS will do whatever it takes to move that cut line lol

• Haha
Good God !! Rory hit the ball incredibly. Should have shot 63. Reminded me of the last round of the Open Championship. Dude, make some putts !!

Homa's spraying it all over the place now.

We all knew that would happen eventually

side note-
anyone not picking up the guy I drop is purposefully throwing points in the trash
If Morikawa finishes top 5 this will be 4th of last 6 times I changed picks and the guy I dropped finished top 5 with 3 wins so far ( stat covers 2022 and 2023)

Got the double bonus this week with Xander blowing up for +4 so far today, 2 under the cut line

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

@NoleinATL I really wanted to work in Jason Day but couldn't decide who to leave out... I'm making the leap! Congrats ahead of time to all of you who picked Xander.

Please replace Schauffele with Day. Thank you sir.

Nice call, Day fired a 67 today to get to the weekend at -3

Xander did make the weekend after a beaut of an eagle on 17 and miraculously the cut line dropped down to +1 and a few players who had no hope of playing this weekend got in.
CBS working that magic late this afternoon

We have early morning action today
there are still players who have to finish, so there is a chance Tiger could miss the cut
6 players would have to get to even and no one drop a shot to knock him out

Be careful out there gentleman

J.B. Holmes
+1 +1 16 71 -- -- -- 71
Wyndham Clark
+1 +1 16 71 -- -- -- 71
Patton Kizzire
+1 +1 14 71 -- -- -- 71
Nick Hardy
+2 -1 16 74 -- -- -- 74
Dylan Frittelli
+2 +1 15 72 -- -- -- 72
Cameron Champ
+3 +2 17 72 -- -- -- 72
Keita Nakajima
+3 E 14 74 -- -- -- 74
Beau Hossler
+4 +2 15 73 -- -- -- 73
Marcus Byrd
+6 +1 16 76 -- -- -- 76

Nice call, Day fired a 67 today to get to the weekend at -3

Xander did make the weekend after a beaut of an eagle on 17 and miraculously the cut line dropped down to +1 and a few players who had no hope of playing this weekend got in.
CBS working that magic late this afternoon
Leave Day alone! 😉

• Haha
How nice that Tiger started on the 10th tee at the same time as the leaders so we can see his entire round!

In all my complaing about Xander I missed how he made the eagle to get above the cut line. Wow, dream shot

Rahm has gotten some lucky breaks to be tied
The bank off the stands yesterday for the eagle
That TIO drop today was ridiculous. 50 yards left into a parking lot should not be a drop

Rahm has gotten some lucky breaks to be tied
The bank off the stands yesterday for the eagle
That TIO drop today was ridiculous. 50 yards left into a parking lot should not be a drop
I was expecting to hear a car alarm go off on that one.

• Haha
Respect to Mitchell, he has played really well in a pressure cooker today
while Rahm has gotten literally every break in golf

How nice that Tiger started on the 10th tee at the same time as the leaders so we can see his entire round!

When I was young, I watched my brother make one like that on a course in the mountains in western North Carolina. We were playing with our dad; short par 4, but the second shot was blind because it was severely uphill. I had already hit my 2nd shot so went up to the green to help line them up...ok, I am directly between you and the pin, it's 10 yards to the green, the pin is 15 feet from the front. Bro hits, I hear dad say that looks really good. Me, "Oh shit you SWISHED it!

These designated events with their strong fields are making it more difficult to narrow it down to four picks. Won't be a problem next week... I've already basically made my choices for the Honda.

As we get ready to switch to CBS, I think Gannon and Nobilo is a better duo than Nantz and Immelman.

The pairing seems to work better, but maybe it is just too little time together for Nantz and Immelman to have the same chemistry

Hopefully Rory will be back in the swing of things in time for the API & Players.

I was wondering what happened with Homa's shot, that was worst case scenario, nice recovery

If Mitchell would have made any putts today he would be in the lead, his ball striking has been great all day

That looked like it could be 5 feet past the hole because of speed, but it was dead center, fantastic putt by Rahm

The PGA Tour has had a great 2 weeks, Riv is always great, but this one was special.
The TW drama, Tampax Gate, and some great play, with Rahm getting the win and #1 in the world

In the PGSF, 4 players had Rahm and Homa, so we have a close finish. Surprise surprise, the pick that decided the winner was Morikawa
Congratulations to this week's winner @Bill From Tampa

Genesis-Winner-2023.png

Will post the updated leaderboard shortly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT