ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF NFL Mock Draft Sign-Up Thread

fsu67810

All-ACC
Jul 9, 2005
Everyone go ahead and start signing up for teams here. I'll find the rules off my laptop later and edit them in. I'll also edit in the master list of teams. Couple people signed up for teams in the other thread already, so I'll be sure to get you guys in there.

Let's keep it one team per person right now. I've got access to the TC now that I got a subscription so I can do some advertising over there as well.

I got Bears! =)
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Here's the rules for any newcomers wondering how this works, or anyone who needs a refresher:

1. TIMING ISSUES: GM's have ONE day to make a selection in ALL rounds. The days are determined from the time of the last pick. For example, in the first round if the previous pick was made at 7:30pm on Monday, the next person has until 7:30pm on Tuesday to make the pick. But, if you are ready to pick 5 minutes after the previous pick is made, do not hesitate to do so, moving this draft along is a good thing.

If your pick comes up on Friday after 3pm, you will have until Noon the following Monday to make your pick just in case you are out of town, etc. However, you are free to make your pick anytime over the weekend if you are able to do so.

If your pick is not in by the deadline, your pick will be skipped until you make your selection. If you don't make your first pick we may allow someone else to take your picks. If you know you won't be able to make a pick, e-mail me ( fsu678 at yahoo ) a couple selections and I can make your pick for you when it comes up.

2. TRADES: There will be NO trades allowed this year, so don't bother coming up with trade proposals as I will not grant them. Once our draft kicks off, any NFL teams trades involving picks in the 2014 Draft will NOT be reflected in our draft order. This is to ensure that no one gets skunked out of making picks. For example, suppose the day after our draft kicks off, Chicago trades away its first, second, and third round picks for some player. Chicago will still make those picks in our mock draft.

3. PICKS: Include the player's name, position, and college when making your pick. After making your pick, please give a short description as to why you chose the player you did. It doesn't have to be an essay or anything. For example, you could give a short description of why you like the player, or how he fits into your team, or anything else you'd like to add.

Make your own picks. Don't justify your pick by saying, for example, "Phil Emery (Bears GM for those that don't know) likes this player, so I like him too."

Try not to make your picks too outlandish. This is intended to be a realistic mock draft.

4. UPDATES: I will update the draft board as often as I can, but do not hesitate to make your selection if I have not updated the previous person's pick.

5. ROUNDS: Let's shoot for three rounds. Last year we started a fourth round, but ran out of time before the real draft began. And by that point, I think people had fatigued of making picks. So I like doing three rounds.

Here's the list of teams & owners. I will update it as people sign up. We'll start a little later than usual this year to allow some free agency movement before making our picks (thanks to Rishi for the idea).

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons - FSU3456
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills - NoleinATL
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears - fsu67810
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - DL817
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers - tommynole3476
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars - 1nole2
Kansas City Chiefs - NoleLizards
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants - Rishi
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders - Manch
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers - fsugrad06
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans - fmol4
Washington Redskins
This post was edited on 1/25 10:22 AM by fsu67810

I'm in. I was going to take the Texans, but I'll let Bobcat keep that one. I'll go with the old Houston team, Tennessee Titans. I'm also game to take a second if we don't get enough folks drafting.

Ill take the Jags. Also, willing to take a 2nd team if there are some available.

I'll take the Niners and willing to take a 2nd team is need by (but I doubt it will).

Bobcat: I had the first pick with the Chefs a year ago and agonized over who I'd pick (well, at least as much as one can "agonize" over a mock draft). I don't envy you this year as you have 3-5 options as I can see.

Originally posted by NoleLizards:
Bobcat: I had the first pick with the Chefs a year ago and agonized over who I'd pick (well, at least as much as one can "agonize" over a mock draft). I don't envy you this year as you have 3-5 options as I can see.
These last 2 years have been so intruiging due to the fact that neither team needed to draft a QB, and neither team had a legitimate option to take at #1.

About a week after free agency starts. That way we'll have a better idea of what team needs are as most of the big names sign early along with a couple big trades.

I believe free agency starts mid-March I think March 11th, so I'd say March 17th (which is a Monday) or 18th would be a good time to start.

Originally posted by bojimnole:
I'll take the Saints and a second team if you get to that point.

You 'll need to go with your 2nd team, brother.

Originally posted by Rishi:
About a week after free agency starts. That way we'll have a better idea of what team needs are as most of the big names sign early along with a couple big trades.

I believe free agency starts mid-March I think March 11th, so I'd say March 17th (which is a Monday) or 18th would be a good time to start.
Ahh makes sense. Just couldn't remember from last year

Originally posted by Rishi:

Hope you guys haven't forgotten about this thing. I'm ready to start.

I don't think anyone's taken the Sucs, yet. If not, I'll take them as my #2 (which is appropriate since their play has resembled #2 for most of their existence).

We used to start up right after the combine.
We're behind this year. I don;t think the commish has been back since he set up this thread. He hasn't posted since January.

Looks like we are running a bit behind, but the draft is late this year (May 8th) so, we have some time. I'll add the Steelers as a second team.

We used to start up right after the combine.
We're behind this year. I don;t think the commish has been back since he set up this thread. He hasn't posted since January.
Just shot him an email.

Commish mailed me back. He says while he's still willing to make the Bears' picks, he's too busy on his new job to run this any longer. Are any of you willing to keep this thing going if someone else runs it?

Originally posted by NoleLizards:
Commish mailed me back. He says while he's still willing to make the Bears' picks, he's too busy on his new job to run this any longer. Are any of you willing to keep this thing going if someone else runs it?
I got it...

Here's who we have so far...

Arizona Cardinals - Bojimnole
Atlanta Falcons - FSU3456
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills - NoleinATL
Carolina Panthers - DL817
Chicago Bears - fsu67810
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - DL817
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos - pdubb09
Detroit Lions - Fmol4
Green Bay Packers - tommynole3476
Houston Texans - Bobcat07
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars - 1nole2
Kansas City Chiefs - NoleLizards
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings - WWW.winningnatty's.FSU
New England Patriots - Semiologist
New Orleans Saints - NolaNole9
New York Giants - Rishi
New York Jets - NoleLizards
Oakland Raiders - Manch
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers - Bojimnole
San Francisco 49ers - fsugrad06
Seattle Seahawks - 1nole2
St. Louis Rams - ColoradoNoles
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Semiologist
Tennessee Titans - fmol4
Washington Redskins

I'll post on the Locker Room and TC.
If we don't get anyone else we'll add second teams tomorrow and get started this week.
Let's shoot for three rounds.

This post was edited on 3/24 2:12 PM by bojimnole

This post was edited on 3/24 3:34 PM by bojimnole

This post was edited on 3/24 4:36 PM by bojimnole

This post was edited on 3/25 8:15 AM by bojimnole

This post was edited on 3/25 3:58 PM by bojimnole

I'll take the Broncos. Very knowledgable when it comes to roster and their front office agenda, not that it isn't blatantly obvious. Just want to make sure I don't have to be on live during work hours.

Originally posted by pdubb09:
I'll take the Broncos. Very knowledgable when it comes to roster and their front office agenda, not that it isn't blatantly obvious. Just want to make sure I don't have to be on live during work hours.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
There's a 24 hr window. If your pick comes up during the day there will be plenty of time.

Thanks for stepping up, Bojim. Since someone else got the Bucs, I'll take the Jets for team #2.

Thanks for the reminder in the LR. I'll take a 2nd team as well once we need to start. Based on what is available, I'll take Detroit or the Jets.

Originally posted by fmol4:
Thanks for the reminder in the LR. I'll take a 2nd team as well once we need to start. Based on what is available, I'll take Detroit or the Jets.
Lions it is.

Let's start claiming a second team.

Originally posted by fmol4:
Lions it is.

Let's start claiming a second team.
I'll take the Pats. I will endeavor to select someone that no other NFL team has ranked that high....or, someone that has completely slipped through the cracks. Problem players, no worries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT