ADVERTISEMENT

Post of the Week Contest (9/14)

Who is your choice for post of the week?

• @nole96 's post in gator Fans

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • @manleynumber1nole 's post in My Apologies

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • @cornnoleio11 's post in Cornnoleio11's Champion's Club Review

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • @MDM9093 's post in Essay: FSU's next progression as a culture under Jimbo Fishe

Votes: 29 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Singleshot

Verified
Apr 13, 2006
579cc27d7cbc3-postoftheweek.jpg

Vote for who you think had the post of the week here and winner of $25 to garnetandgold.com.

Here are the choices from nominations this week:

@nole96 's post in gator Fans:

They've scored 69 points in their first two games. What's funny is in 2015 they scored 92 points in their first two games, and they finished the season ranked #112 in total offense. In 2014 they scored 101 points in their first two games, and finished the season ranked #96.

In the next few weeks they're about to get a huge dose of reality (again).

-----------------------------------​

@manleynumber1nole 's post in My Apologies:

Last Monday night (Labor day) I posted some pretty ridiculous things while under the influence of alcohol. No excuses though because after reading one of my posts the next day I was thoroughly embarrassed of my actions unbecoming of a FSU fan. I self imposed a one week ban (most probably wish it were longer)

I want to apologize to anyone whom I may have offended because I know most on here are alumni of this great university or who grew up a Seminole fan like myself. Either way or both I want to apologize.

I think a lot of times bad emotions come with disappointment but I'm almost positive that EVERY player and coach on this team wants to win more than we want them to win. They are the ones that put in blood, sweat and tears (literally) to entertain us the fans. Personal attacks on coaches or players will not change anything. I feel horrible for my attacks that I made towards certain coaches and it will not happen again coming from me.

I love FSU and I am very proud to have what we have in this team regardless if "i" think certain changes need to be made or not. That's not up to me nor would my attacks cauae any changes. Again.... Im truly embarrassed at my posts that I seen the next day that were bumped (thank you though because it let me see just how trashy my post was and allowed me to put things in perspective.) Again, sorry if my posts have ever offended anyone.

GO NOLES!

@cornnoleio11 's post in Cornnoleio11's Champion's Club Review:

Here's a breakdown of what I consider a monumental success for FSU, the Champions Club.

Great...

Food-

The quality and quantity of food available was unbelievable. From the burgers, chicken, build your own hotdog, shrimp, ready to go pizza slices, it was all fresh and readily available. The desserts and ice cream stand just pushed it over the top. I'll be in the gym hard for the next couple weeks. What a spread.

Service-

A ton of servers and bartenders. No wait time for anything. I am in the customer service business and I was very impressed Friday night and Gameday.

Seats/View-

The seats and leg room were excellent. I'm 6' and my buddy who I have tickets with is 6'4 and we were both pleased with the leg room. We are in section 215 row 2 so no shade. We made that sacrifice to get closer to the field.

Atmosphere of Club-

Great group of fans having a great time responsibly. Witnessed no issues what so ever. The female talent in the club was incredible as well.

Good.....

TVs-

The number of TVs was excellent. The placement I feel has some opportunities. There should be TVs over the sports bar on the 4th floor. 8 more total to cover all angles of the bar. I also think it would be awesome to have them over the urinals. I know that's over the top but it would be awesome.

Cost of drinks...

I thought this was excellent as well. $6 for a beer or $9 I believe for a mixed drink. Very reasonably priced. I can tell you at the US Assured Club in Jax you are paying $15-19 for a mixed drink. I would like to see Souvenir cups available in the club as well.

Overall, my group was blown away. To put this project together in such a short period of time is amazing. I still would love to see Champions Club merchandise be made available for purchase, polos, cups, coozies, etc. The polos I saw some of the sales team wearing we nice. I wear a large Jam and Jerry FYI. Just kidding guys. So proud of this project. @Noles229 there are seats still available in our section. Do it do it. Go Noles!!!!

@MDM9093 's post in Essay: FSU's next progression as a culture under Jimbo Fisher:

Its' long...but I had some time to kill and like to write sometimes....Hope you enjoy small examples from week 1.

We all see Jimbo Fisher continuing to change the program for the better, it is almost like a living thing that never stays the same. You are either going forward or backward on any given day; just as with anything in life. The showtime series, coupled with a few things I noticed from re-watching the Ole Miss game are what both compelled me to write about it.

Jimbo is truly vested in these kids lives and you saw a great example of that in Cook's birthday party. Cook's mom made a comment about not everybody lives to see 21. I'm willing to bet not everybody around the country realized that she was being dead serious. Most of us here understand what kind of area Cook and so many other players are from and how hard it is sometimes to get these great young men to mature fast enough. That's really what it is about, maturing. I think Jimbo does a fantastic at connecting the maturation process with the on field production. He gets the players to understand if you want to perform at your highest level, there are certain compromises that need to be made in your personal life. This has not been an easy thing to ingrain into the core players during his first 5 years, as he has continued to get top talent. Winston is actually a great example, though is doesn't appear to be from a national standpoint. He had so many off field issues, but was never in any real violence, drug...crime issues. He was one of the hardest workers we have ever had through those doors. Jimbo pushed him so hard, most players couldn't take how Jimbo treated him. Francois now following in the same footsteps; hardworking, he's even more humble, and Jimbo rides his ass and makes sure he is more mentally prepared by absolutely pushing him to the limit. This is all part of the culture.

Did any of you notice when Marcus Lewis nodded his head at Jalen Ramsey when sitting on the sideline after his INT. Jalen walked right up and gave Marcus some sort of props. McFadden glanced over watching it all...so intently. Jalen Ramsey is a part of this ever changing ELITE culture and spoke to the defense at halftime as well. He is a great role model for these slightly younger kids. This is all having a big time positive effect. In the showtime episode, when they show Francois trying to pick up the o-line...he gets to Eberle, and he just smiles at Francois...thinking "there you go kid, good job". Francois was pumping up Kelly I think, before Eberle. It is a struggle for Francois to come out of his shell like this, and he literally grew up in that game. It will be a lot easier for him now after that!! Are you kidding?! It was amazing to those kids celebrating Francois after the game. Derwin is obsessed with the kid. You saw Jimbo tell Francois in the show to pick it up, need more energy, lead better basically......Francois responds "I'm telling them to get going".....Jimbo rifles back.."IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!". The little details in all these examples just show how close this particular team is and I think Francois will lead us to the playoffs.

Jimbo appears to be dialed in now. His change in personal life could have had positive affect on his coaching career. He certainly has less clutter since there were some issues towards the end. It just seems he his happy and loves these kids. He has a great thing going and we are lucky to have him running our program. He is so hands on, works with the QB and calls the play. A lot of us have criticized that. I'm not sure we would want it any other way. Nobody is perfect but I just hope we can keep evolving and win a natty this year or next! Go Noles.

Good luck to all of this week's nominees. Keep your post game skrong!

Last 4 winners:
Aug 17 - 2noles1cup
Aug 24 - usmand1636
Sept 1 - PC Load Letter
Sept 7 - Jon_Reed
Sept 14 - ????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News