ADVERTISEMENT

President John Tyler, born 1790, still has two grandsons alive.

That is a remarkable story. File that one under truth is often stranger than fiction. Or maybe, having a younger wife comes with some benefit.
“She liked to party”.

As for President Tyler's wife:

"William showed us around Sherwood Forest Plantation, a home President Tyler renovated with his wife Julia in mind. She was 30 years younger and liked to party."

And for his son's wife:

"Lyon also had a very young second wife, and was 75 years old when Harrison Tyler was born in 1928."

I'm going to go out on a limb, but there's a really good chance in my mind that President Tyler does NOT have two living grandsons.

Also... Sherwood Forest?

webANXrobinhoodtights.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb, but there's a really good chance in my mind that President Tyler does NOT have two living grandsons.

John Tyler: 1790 - 1862
-----Lyon Gardiner Tyler: 1853 - 1935
----------Lyon Gardiner Tyler, Jr.: 1924 -
----------Harrison Ruffin Tyler: 1928 -

Yeah, I get that. I'm saying given the ages of the men (75 for Lyon!) and the youth of their wives, at the the time of their sons' births, combined with reference to "liking to party"...that's there's a decent chance that maybe one of those young wives entertained another man.

But great for Lyon if he knocked up his wife at 75 all the way back in the 20s. It's been done obviously, so I'm not saying it's impossible.

It is pretty cool. As mentioned in the article, the three generations have lived through almost all of the history of the USA.

It is pretty cool. As mentioned in the article, the three generations have lived through almost all of the history of the USA.

Agreed. Was listening to Warren Buffett give a talk and he was mentioning that with the longer lifespans that going back it does not take long to go back to the beginning of our Country (that three of him would go back to Revolutionary War or some similar quote). Yes, I know we are discussing children and not consecutive lifespans but 241 years isn't long ago in that context.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT