ADVERTISEMENT

Programmers: Anyone ever create an algo for trading?

I do a bunch of time series modeling for industrial equipment (anomaly detection, predictions, optimization)... can you be a bit more specific about what you are looking for? What is the look back window, your needed reaction time etc.

You can look into Ninjatrader or a dozen or so other options. Assuming your algorithm isn't too complex, I would imagine you can write it in Python pretty easily.

I actually have Ninja. The strategy is based on a specific candlestick pattern which I discovered a number of years ago - it's not in books or anything. Once it forms and price returns to it, I want to enter. The stop and target can be a simple 1:3. I have no idea how I would program that in Ninja.

Grab a flux-capacitor, treak the mainframe and then bypass the motherboard and you should be good to go.

Reactions: osceola74
I think with Ninja it depends on which license level you have. If you have a high enough license level you can create your own indicators & trading strategies. Exactly how you do that I have no idea as I have never tried. I do think they have info on it in their help section and might even have webinar training for it...I would have to look though.

Out of curiosity what do you trade, equities, options, futures, Forex, a mix of all?

I think with Ninja it depends on which license level you have. If you have a high enough license level you can create your own indicators & trading strategies. Exactly how you do that I have no idea as I have never tried. I do think they have info on it in their help section and might even have webinar training for it...I would have to look though.

Out of curiosity what do you trade, equities, options, futures, Forex, a mix of all?

I'll look further into it (just saw your response). I mainly trade Futures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT