ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Frequent Flyers

tri10806

Starter
Sep 7, 2006
I need to fly from Tallahassee to Phoenix on Thursday, April 4 as I'm playing a tennis tournament there Friday through Sunday. I'll have a rental car for the weekend and after the tournament I want to head toward Vegas or California sight-seeing, then fly back to Tally April 10 or 11.

I'm looking for advice on how soon out to buy tickets for the best price and any tips on flying into one location and out from another. The last time I went we flew to Tuscon with a stop in Dallas/Ft. Worth, then back through Atlanta. I can fly out of Jacksonville if I need to but want to avoid extra hotel nights if possible.

TIA

Generally 3-4 weeks out if you are flying between major cities and not on a popular time. Tally throws a wrench into the plans because there is no competition

I've heard Tues/Wed is the best day to book because airlines drop rates on Tuesday and who will match.

Saturday morning/early afternoon was a horrible time to book for me as I literally watched prices rise as I was trying to lock in. Flight available at one price were gone 15 minutes later.

My brother used some service (Kayak?) to get to Hawaii from Atlanta from around 400 RT. He saw that pop up and booked immediately for his family. Fare was gone in a few hours.

Google flights is very good because you can adjust days etc and see the price impact.

Price it out right now and let us know what you get. Can let you know if it's a good deal.

Also this is a great tip....
Google flights is very good because you can adjust days etc and see the price impact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT