ADVERTISEMENT

Quick thoughts from FSU's fourth preseason practice

CurtWeiler

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
Just wrapped at the fourth FSU practice of preseason camp. Second straight practice in pads and the first in the morning after pivoting from afternoon practices. Mike Norvell was very high on the day's work and I agree. Thought it was a very good practice. Some quick thoughts:

• I thought this was Jordan Travis' best day of fall camp so far. He had a beautiful downfield throw to Jaheim Bell for a big catch on the first play of 11-on-11 and had a perfect throw to Johnny Wilson which traveled about 45 yards through the air for a 70-yard touchdown later in practice.
  • I continue to be very impressed by Braden Fiske. During 1-on-1 reps against offensive linemen, he won a pair of consecutive reps in convincing fashion, one with a speed rush past his blocker and the other with pure power, pushing his blocker way into the backfield. Quite an addition to a defensive tackle room which was already very talented before his arrival.
  • I talked about how Northwestern linebacker transfer Justin "Juice" Cryer stood out at Saturday's practice and Norvell praised him today when asked about the newcomers. Talked about how he's really impressed him with his immediate impact after he wasn't even here for the summer program.
We'll have a very thorough practice report later this afternoon and videos from our interviews with Norvell, Wilson, Fiske, Keon Coleman and Omar Graham Jr. here shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News