ADVERTISEMENT

Raider fan here, any input on Mario Edwards jr.?

Nov 24, 2005
Looks like his FSU coach vouched for him, how was he while playing at FSU? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Looks like his FSU coach vouched for him, how was he while playing at FSU? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Great physical talent, inconsistent, best game was against Auburn where he dominated their OT, a first round pick...weight goes up and down, not sure why, better against the run vs. pass..

He's a big run stopping end. Kind of like Richard Seymour was back in the day. If the Raiders expect him to get 12 sacks a season then LOL at them but if they have some guys at the LB position who can rush the passer (which they don't) then it's a good pick.

He's a big run stopping end. Kind of like Richard Seymour was back in the day. If the Raiders expect him to get 12 sacks a season then LOL at them but if they have some guys at the LB position who can rush the passer (which they don't) then it's a good pick.

I believe Khalil Mack can rush the passer just fine. Being a Raider fan, I think Edwards was picked too early and this is a gamble on the Raiders part. When he is at his best, he is great, and obviously I hope he turns into the next Richard Seymour.

I believe Khalil Mack can rush the passer just fine. Being a Raider fan, I think Edwards was picked too early and this is a gamble on the Raiders part. When he is at his best, he is great, and obviously I hope he turns into the next Richard Seymour.
Great physical talent, inconsistent, best game was against Auburn where he dominated their OT, a first round pick...weight goes up and down, not sure why, better against the run vs. pass..

Thanks guys, I think he was picked too early as well but, the new coach from FSU must have sold him. Hope he can learn from Justin Tuck and become a contributor to the D Line.

I think Edwards was a huge disappointment, given the hype that came with him from high school. He seemed to have problems with motivation...both broadly (I.e., keeping himself in good physical shape) and specifically...seemingly disinterested within an individual game. Hopefully, he will not be one of those guys that, once he gets paid, ends up a complete bust. Would love to see him finally play up to his potential consistently

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT