ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders of the Lost ACC - Part 2

Regal Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2006
I'm sure I will catch heat over the Part 2 designation, but didn't want this to get buried in an existing thread. ESPN is now openly confirming what I've been posting about.

"Recently, Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick predicted to SI.com that some type of break off of Division I is "inevitable." But that may actually come in the form of a pull-up instead of a breakup. Meaning, the programs with enough strength from the ACC, Pac-12 and Big 12 position themselves to join the highest revenue leagues.

"Whatever form [the future] takes, it's a lot quicker than people think," said a prominent college official.

"This is an unsustainable competitive model that's destined to shake up college sports much sooner and more drastically than is being discussed right now."

"While all this NIL tail chasing is happening, the Big Ten and SEC are pulling so far away from their alleged peer power leagues so quickly that we appear poised for another seismic realignment shift soon because of the revenue gap. And the only reason people haven't seen this coming is they are distracted by nonsense."

I expect FSU to be in the SEC Super League by 2025-2026. And it's going to be one hell of a party when we host Alabama and Georgia. Ticket demand will be north of 100,000 for those games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News