ADVERTISEMENT

Random Drive by. Someone asked me about The Locker Room

JMGNole

Ban Hammer
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
God's Country, Tallahassee
www.jmgnole.com
Lots and lots of great memories and friendships that began on this board. In its heyday, this was the best board on the site. Everything was discussed, and cordial. In 2010 we had a 200+ Spring Game tailgate with former players, current players families and a few future players. The list of people that I met here would be one helluva long list.

Anyway, just thinking of Mr President, Larry Ward and missing that old war hero. And Easty, I miss you too, my friend.

There was a lot more opinions expressed and no one took offense as we were all FSU fans. Now people see it as my way or the wrong way and live in echo chambers for whichever point of view they have.

Social Media has created a combative nature where people feel empowered to insult and get cred.

Just need to remember we are all Noles.

The 2008 Spring Game tailgate was epic. North VS South cook-off. Needless to say, the South trounced. Sooooo much good food. I made black-eyed peas, cornbread and collards. Close to 100 cheesecake bites. Kelroy brought his tow behind fish cooker and served up over 30lbs of fried catfish post-game. Some tales that can't be told happened that day. Beers were drank and a few marriages skirted disaster. Manic brought his drivable beer cooler and nearly caused a divorce. Good times.

Trying to remember more names from back then. There were a ton of law school students that would hang out in here while they were in class. Only name I can think of right now is Waterlizard not a law student. lol

I just remembered JLoryFSU or similar...

Reactions: JMGNole and goldmom
Trying to remember more names from back then. There were a ton of law school students that would hang out in here while they were in class. Only name I can think of right now is Waterlizard not a law student. lol

if we're going to go way back then nirvananole, cromagnole, nolezfan to name a couple and then also the parody accounts lukefromduke and mcgregornole.

Didn't JLory have some dog training business?
Nozzle is still my all time winner as the funniest poster ever.

Reactions: GbrNole
Who was the lawyer that would constantly post about how awful he treated every associate in his office?

The Great Purge ruined this place.

Pops, that was Bob in Virginia or some such. I think we determined he died after someone "stole" his daughter. Derek?

Reactions: goldmom
I believe Jlory's dad or grandfather had a business in central Florida that they would dress up the building for every game, unfortunately whomever it was passed and so did the tradition. I think he was a realtor himself. Of course this was 20 yrs ago or so my memory may be off.

Sounds about right. I still keep up with ponch and Sterger, Nozzle, discodrivingdisco, Phin, NoleGal, Sarah, Becca, and some others. Ken and Tiny.
More old crew: gonoles74, ponchfrog, FluffyBunny, Pben, Bartdog, ShaolinNole, NicNole sp?, GbrNole is still active on the boards, WPBMikey, NoleLizards, FSU_UCLA

tommynoles was another. dude said he always voted democrat cos we won all our NC's with a democrat in the WH. still holds true! 🤣

tommynoles was another. dude said he always voted democrat cos we won all our NC's with a democrat in the WH. still holds true! 🤣
And his name wasn't even Tommy. I remember he revealed that he always sat down to pee and someone came up with a drawing of him doing just that. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: goldmom and GbrNole
You too, but I never left. :)
Fair enough. ;) Hope to see some of you Homecoming Weekend. I think it will be my first home game since my wife and I attended a LR get together back in 2005. She was pregnant with the young lady I'm bringing in October. This will be her second FSU game, but first at home.

I remember PhillyNole who always dated supermodels, then got exposed as a fraud if I remember right....

What caused the exodus? I remember at one point it was a free board and people from other rivals sites would flock here. It was a must read at one point. I remember being far too intimidated. There were (and still are) some great minds on here. And it was almost always civil.

What caused the exodus? I remember at one point it was a free board and people from other rivals sites would flock here. It was a must read at one point. I remember being far too intimidated. There were (and still are) some great minds on here. And it was almost always civil.
There was a female exodus first as I recall. Then it died on the vine when it went premium.

Reactions: ChiefWB
there were several departure points.

the first was the growth of the forums at TOS and those who flocked over there because somehow they were feeling infringed by warchant policies. there were some great posters lost during that.

the second was when the political discussion board (the raucous caucus) was added.

the third was when the political discussion board was deleted. 🤣

the last two were as previously noted, the exodus of the ladies and then the privatization of our tripe!

Sounds about right. I still keep up with ponch and Sterger, Nozzle, discodrivingdisco, Phin, NoleGal, Sarah, Becca, and some others. Ken and Tiny.
Those are some names from the past. Wasn’t it Becca who flashed the “shocker” during a photo op with Bobby?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT