ADVERTISEMENT

Random Drive by. Someone asked me about The Locker Room

Thank you, Divin! For those posters who remember NoleGirl626 (her daughter was an FSU cheerleader and was always referred to as 313 in the Locker Room), we lost 626 to cancer in 2016. Life loses a little punch when you lose your best friend of 25+ years. She was the "Good Twin."

One of my favorite posters in here was FluffyBunny. OMG, that is one funny man. He appreciated, and supported, my fascination with woodchippers. :) Fun times and so many laughs. I miss that.
I remember her and hate to hear that. I have reached the age (64) where we seem to lose a couple of friends every year. Makes us realize we are not the 10' tall and bullet proof person we thought we were in our 20s and 30s. Covid has claimed 4 friends and my best friend at age 65 is showing early signs of early onset of dementia/alzheimer. We still try to golf some and it is sad to seem him lose his bearings on a course we have played a 1000 times. He is a picture of health too so I am afraid it will be a long road from him and his wife. I drive 1+ hour each way to work so a lot of time to think about those friends.

Fluffy was a very funny guy. He had a very warped sense of humor, which is something I am accused of having too. Did something happen to him or did he just get tired of the crap and leave the site? I always like Cro too but not sure what happen with him. It is good to see you back around more.

I remember her and hate to hear that. I have reached the age (64) where we seem to lose a couple of friends every year. Makes us realize we are not the 10' tall and bullet proof person we thought we were in our 20s and 30s. Covid has claimed 4 friends and my best friend at age 65 is showing early signs of early onset of dementia/alzheimer. We still try to golf some and it is sad to seem him lose his bearings on a course we have played a 1000 times. He is a picture of health too so I am afraid it will be a long road from him and his wife. I drive 1+ hour each way to work so a lot of time to think about those friends.

Fluffy was a very funny guy. He had a very warped sense of humor, which is something I am accused of having too. Did something happen to him or did he just get tired of the crap and leave the site? I always like Cro too but not sure what happen with him. It is good to see you back around more.
It's my understanding that fluffy also sadly passed away some years ago but i truly hope i'm misunderstanding.

when i read back through this thread i almost feel like i need to be rattling a cane! these reminiscing's span decades.

I get it. I'm 68 and closing in on 69. I finally gave up horses two years ago after I wrecked my knee (not horse related) and lost my confidence. Now I'm becoming a river rat and a pontoon boat is my ride of choice.

I'm so sorry to hear about your best friend. Dementia is tragic and heartbreaking. We are dealing with that with my father-in-law now. I've lost three friends to Covid, one of whom I was particularly close to. Life will never be what it was.

Fluffy just got worn out with the crap and left. His exodus was part of my leaving. The LR quit being fun and became more and more confrontational. Mrs. Fluffy and I stay in touch through FB and Twitter.

If you'd like to check it out, this is a really nice article that Jim Henry did on 626. 💔
https://amp.tallahassee.com/amp/850...lfless-sherri-dye-leaves-legacy-fsu/85087764/

It's my understanding that fluffy also sadly passed away some years ago but i truly hope i'm misunderstanding.

when i read back through this thread i almost feel like i need to be rattling a cane! these reminiscing's span decades.
NO! Fluffy is alive and well! He's married to his college sweetheart (they were both Marching Chiefs) and they have two girls now.

I know what you mean about the cane. 😖

I get it. I'm 68 and closing in on 69. I finally gave up horses two years ago after I wrecked my knee (not horse related) and lost my confidence. Now I'm becoming a river rat and a pontoon boat is my ride of choice.

I'm so sorry to hear about your best friend. Dementia is tragic and heartbreaking. We are dealing with that with my father-in-law now. I've lost three friends to Covid, one of whom I was particularly close to. Life will never be what it was.

Fluffy just got worn out with the crap and left. His exodus was part of my leaving. The LR quit being fun and became more and more confrontational. Mrs. Fluffy and I stay in touch through FB and Twitter.

If you'd like to check it out, this is a really nice article that Jim Henry did on 626. 💔
https://amp.tallahassee.com/amp/850...lfless-sherri-dye-leaves-legacy-fsu/85087764/
i remember when we could be in some random thread and get some hairbrained ideas about FSU merch. it was like a dang bat signal went up the quickness that 626 could get in the fray and pull rank!

NO! Fluffy is alive and well! He's married to his college sweetheart (they were both Marching Chiefs) and they have two girls now.

I know what you mean about the cane. 😖
Fluffy (Kevin, maybe?) played in a 4 man scramble charity golf tournament with me maybe 15 years ago, not sure. He admitted he didn't play much but he was have to fun on the team - especially when he started draining long putts! He also had an avatar concerning a oddly formed squirrel if I remember correctly!! Big baseball fan too.

i remember when we could be in some random thread and get some hairbrained ideas about FSU merch. it was like a dang bat signal went up the quickness that 626 could get in the fray and pull rank!
She was brilliant in her job, loved what she did, and for sure the bat signal would immediately summon the "logo police." Nothing wrong with your memory, Divin!

Fluffy (Kevin, maybe?) played in a 4 man scramble charity golf tournament with me maybe 15 years ago, not sure. He admitted he didn't play much but he was have to fun on the team - especially when he started draining long putts! He also had an avatar concerning a oddly formed squirrel if I remember correctly!! Big baseball fan too.
Yes, Kevin. He and Mrs. Fluffy were always fun at the Animals Annual Whiffle Ball & Tequila Party. Hubby did the cooking for a few years and it was a great event.

Reactions: goldmom and GbrNole
I spoke to GlassCity this morning. He's doing well, living in Ohio. We were trying to remember who hacked the ESPN Helmet Clash back in September of '08. Apparently the dude showed up at one of our tailgates and hung out with Phin. I have no idea who it was. I do know that he/she/they hacked either the hack of either Texas or Michigan to win the contest. They hacked first, we just out-hacked. Anyway, nice to catch up with an old friend.

Ii am going to have to try and make one of those events if there is ever another. Of course it may be like my family reunions are anymore, all of the 1st cousins and our spouses hold our reunion about twice a year at an 8 top table at some good restaurant. My family is like the LR these days, aren't many of us left.

I can't believe @fmol4 's daughter is touring colleges. wow. Really good to hear from you. I remember when you said she was on her way and it was a big surprise, like medical miracle. Am I thinking of someone else?

Was it Clownsrule who won a game on Jeopardy? I see Patty on linkedin. I think he actually ran for office a couple of years ago out at the beach. Nozzle is doing his EMT thinhg, I believe training others at this point, and has a big charity event he just helped host. Jlory retired years ago and volunteers at a dog adoption place called Hound Haven. Nolesfan77(?), the guy who works with me still, moved up to north Georgia and is building a place near Ellijay. I still see Cro on Instagram sometimes. He's out west somewhere with a lot of snow.
Bart,

Great hearing from you again. Yes, the little one who was not supposed to work out is halfway through high school. Very glad doctors "practice" medicine. I still have a great memory of you picking me up from my ship and taking me to see the Super Bowl at your place.

My family met up with Fluffy and company several years ago at Disney. All the girls were little back then. Since I'm off social media, hard to keep up with folks anymore. Threads like this provide most of my updates.

Happy that this is now three pages.

There is a poster on Twitter called TraditioNole, and I don't know if it is Trad. I think that he was mad at me for stomping out all of the political crap.

Manic is still, Manic, but his mother passed away last year. Mom Foley was the best.

Still keep up with Kelroy and Ponder and Karlos and all of those folks.

Reactions: Bartdog and GbrNole

There is a poster on Twitter called TraditioNole, and I don't know if it is Trad. I think that he was mad at me for stomping out all of the political crap.

Manic is still, Manic, but his mother passed away last year. Mom Foley was the best.

I may see Octoberfest on Monday as Norvell has a speaking event here. Will be going with Seminole72.

Reactions: GbrNole

I see you on FB from time to time via some mutual friends.

I was an early LR regular as "Cheesebiz". 2001-2015
How are you doing Cheeze? Wow a voice from the past. I know Bridlewood pretty well. My former employer in Dallas managed it for a few years, and I managed some nearby HOA’s in Flower Mound as well from 98-2003

How are you doing Cheeze? Wow a voice from the past. I know Bridlewood pretty well. My former employer in Dallas managed it for a few years, and I managed some nearby HOA’s in Flower Mound as well from 98-2003
Doing great hope all is well with you Goldy? Good to be back in the LR. Glad to see some of the gang from around 2000 still with opinions to share. I missed it!

oh thank god for that!
I'm actually friends on facebook with his wife aka jennufer or something like that as her old LR handle. They seem to be doing very well. She's been very active as a runner the last year or so.

Drew aka Mad Cow passed away several years ago.

Got to chat with Octoberfest tonight...he's pissed you didn't invite him to your tailgate. 😲😁

He was there with Tom McCormick.

Oh, and he said to say hi. 🍻
What tailgate? I went to the games alone in 2020. Weird experience to sit at a game alone, distanced, no one that you know anywhere around you, in the rain. Last year was a bit better, but we didn't tailgate pregame.

I will reach out to David and give him some grief. :)

What tailgate? I went to the games alone in 2020. Weird experience to sit at a game alone, distanced, no one that you know anywhere around you, in the rain. Last year was a bit better, but we didn't tailgate pregame.

I will reach out to David and give him some grief. :)
You should. 😈

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT