ADVERTISEMENT

Real climate change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water vapor, another greenhouse gas, traps about 1,300 times more heat than man’s CO2. That’s based on a 1% global atmospheric water vapor content; however, it can at times go up to 4% in places. Even a somewhat small up or down change in the massive quantity of water vapor may release or absorb far more heat.

Total CO2 in the atmosphere 417.06 ppm rounding up 4% of that comes from mankind or 16.68 ppm
the US makes up 14 % of that (or approximately 2.3 PPM). Do you honestly think that eliminating 2 CO2 molecules is going to make a bit of difference on global warming?

Spend trillions of dollars to remove a trace amount of a trace gas while the rest of the world increases their CO2 emissions -- no thanks.

Last edited:
Because they can add nutrients (namely nitrogen and phosphorus) and water, which are limiting factors out in the wild.
The process of photosynthesis is commonly written as: 6CO2 + 6H2O → C6H12O6 + 6O2. This means that the reactants, six carbon dioxide molecules and six water molecules, are converted by light energy captured by chlorophyll (implied by the arrow) into a sugar molecule and six oxygen molecules, the products.

Without CO2 photosynthesis doesn't happen.

DFS,

Just toasted the pumpkin brioche. Delicious!

What a wonderful byproduct of CO2.

The process of photosynthesis is commonly written as: 6CO2 + 6H2O → C6H12O6 + 6O2. This means that the reactants, six carbon dioxide molecules and six water molecules, are converted by light energy captured by chlorophyll (implied by the arrow) into a sugar molecule and six oxygen molecules, the products.

Without CO2 photosynthesis doesn't happen.

Let me spell out for you....unless the plants have extra nutrients and water then they can't use the extra CO2, similar to body builders having to take in huge amounts of protein to add muscle mass.

As the climate shifts, it can be tricky for plants — and growers — to keep up.

“There are a lot of downsides to the warmer winter temperatures, too,” said Theresa Crimmins, who studies climate change and growing seasons at the University of Arizona and was not involved in creating the map. “When we don’t have as cold winter temperatures, we don’t have as severe die-backs of insects that carry diseases, like ticks and mosquitoes.”

She added that hotter, drier summers in some regions may kill plants that once thrived there.

“You wouldn’t want to plant plants that aren’t adapted right now for where you’re living,” she said.

“There are a lot of downsides to the warmer winter temperatures, too,” said Theresa Crimmins, who studies climate change and growing seasons at the University of Arizona and was not involved in creating the map. “When we don’t have as cold winter temperatures, we don’t have as severe die-backs of insects that carry diseases, like ticks and mosquitoes.”

She added that hotter, drier summers in some regions may kill plants that once thrived there.

“You wouldn’t want to plant plants that aren’t adapted right now for where you’re living,” she said.

It's unintended consequences ^10^10

Water vapor, another greenhouse gas, traps about 1,300 times more heat than man’s CO2. That’s based on a 1% global atmospheric water vapor content; however, it can at times go up to 4% in places. Even a somewhat small up or down change in the massive quantity of water vapor may release or absorb far more heat.
Does this mean that the recent underwater Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apa eruption increased the amount of wator vapor in the atmosphere by an order of 6x (1% to 6%) down to an order of 2x (4% to 9%).

"Recently, researchers calculated that the eruption of Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apa spewed a staggering 50 million tons (45 million metric tons) of water vapor into Earth's atmosphere, in addition to enormous quantities of ash and volcanic gases. This massive vapor injection increased the amount of moisture in the global stratosphere by about 5%, and could trigger a cycle of stratospheric cooling and surface heating — and these effects may persist for months to come, according to a new study"

Reactions: bcherod

Sorry but that map doesn't reflect our hardiness zones here in N. Texas. We are still 7b to 8a, not 9.
I won't be using that chart to replace the shrubs I lost in 2022.

Last edited:
Sorry but that map doesn't reflect out hardiness zones here in N. Texas. We are still 7b to 8a, not 9.
I won't be using that chart to replace the shrubs I lost in 2022.
No need to apologize. Our area is generally (or used to be) colder than the zones indicate. ”As they say, all weather is local.”

Let me spell out for you....unless the plants have extra nutrients and water then they can't use the extra CO2, similar to body builders having to take in huge amounts of protein to add muscle mass.
Let me spell it out for you this climate change/CO2 narrative is all about population control by evil people that want less humans on the planet and profit from taxation.

Let me spell it out for you this climate change/CO2 narrative is all about population control by evil people that want less humans on the planet and profit from taxation.
How would having less people increase tax profits? It would seem counterproductive. I don't agree with the whole climate change narrative either at least not how it's being pushed but I'm not sure about that angle. Now if you were to say covid was developed to thin the herd of those using a good majority of health care resources and/or to turn a good profit for Big Pharma well that's a different animal. Not saying that happened just tossing out other theories.

Reactions: F4Gary
How would having less people increase tax profits? It would seem counterproductive. I don't agree with the whole climate change narrative either at least not how it's being pushed but I'm not sure about that angle. Now if you were to say covid was developed to thin the herd of those using a good majority of health care resources and/or to turn a good profit for Big Pharma well that's a different animal. Not saying that happened just tossing out other theories.
If you have millions+$$$ and less people taxes no longer matter. Slavery substituted.

• Haha
Reactions: NoleSince1961
If you have millions+$$$ and less people taxes no longer matter. Slavery substituted.
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Threads like this one definitely reinforce my decision not to renew my subscription tomorrow. The value of the chuckles doesn’t outweigh the ridiculousness and sadness for the future of humanity.
Go Noles!
For only 10 bucks a month you not only get the daily laughter and buffoonery on these threads but also the exclusive insider content in Oceola Village. Where else can you talk to high school football coaches about what NFL level folks are saying. We knew who A&M was going to hire before they did. It was wrong but hey its worth a read.

For only 10 bucks a month you not only get the daily laughter and buffoonery on these threads but also the exclusive insider content in Oceola Village. Where else can you talk to high school football coaches about what NFL level folks are saying. We knew who A&M was going to hire before they did. It was wrong but hey its worth a read.
He (if you're referring to the TX HS hoops coach) refuses to tell us what those NFL level folks order and which ones are the good tippers, so really not worth it.

He (if you're referring to the TX HS hoops coach) refuses to tell us what those NFL level folks order and which ones are the good tippers, so really not worth it.
He's the best thing going on there since we don't see the flat earth guy anymore and stolen valor got outed.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleSince1961
Threads like this one definitely reinforce my decision not to renew my subscription tomorrow. The value of the chuckles doesn’t outweigh the ridiculousness and sadness for the future of humanity.
Go Noles!
Please listen to this song, maybe you'll change your mind.
"Baby come back!.. You can blame it all on me. I was wrong and I just can't live without you"
--Player

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
I think what trunole is saying is when you've reached a certain level of control over the population and they're impoverished to a point of complete servitude, you no longer need to tax people into economic slavery, its already been achieved. I could be wrong but that is my interpretation of his point? @trunole1 ??
I read where only 10% of the population actually own their own home... the other 90% are mortgaged.... can only imagine what percent of the population owns commercial property? Bill Gates is one of the largest landowners on earth.... and most of it is agricultural land...

Last edited:
I think what trunole is saying is when you've reached a certain level of control over the population and they're impoverished to a point of complete servitude, you no longer need to tax people into economic slavery, its already been achieved. I could be wrong but that is my interpretation of his point? @trunole1 ??
I read where only 10% of the population actually own their own home... the other 90% are mortgaged.... can only imagine what percent of the population owns commercial property? Bill Gates is one of the largest landowners on earth.... and most of it is agricultural land...
Bingo! Interesting % I read recently the poorest in the US would be in the upper 20% in India

Covid convinced me what some want the US to become " Rules for thee not for me"

Bingo! Interesting % I read recently the poorest in the US would be in the upper 20% in India

Covid convinced me what some want the US to become " Rules for thee not for me"
Now that part we can agree on but that's a mainstay of politics in general. Covid allowed things to change and never go back. The next thing will change things again. The new normal as they say.

Ambitious tinfoil salesmen should definitely try to get this site's mailing list. (But maybe that goes for other sports fan sites as well... this is the only one I'm familiar with.)
How many Jabs have you taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT