ADVERTISEMENT

Red Lobster proves its the top seafood restaurant

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
with its recent creation the fried lobster and waffles. The kicker.....the waffle batter is the cheese biscuit batter.......mana from heaven, my friends.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...starts-serving-lobster-and-waffles/458140002/

636576557120699366-FY18-E6-Lobsterfest-Lobster-Waffles.jpg

Reactions: BucaNole and noleit
Damn, I was just at a Red Lobster this weekend and this was not on the menu. I suppose I will have to go back in the near future.

I'm thinking I might actually try this. But I've only been to RL maybe once in thirty years.

My son begged to go to red lobster for years seeing their commercials. My wife took him once.

He now begs to never go there again.
They were once much better than they are now. Was surprised by the small portions last time I went 3-4 years back.

RL has good shell fish and appetizers....and of course cheese biscuits.

The rest...meh

They were once much better than they are now. Was surprised by the small portions last time I went 3-4 years back.
Don't know? I used to love going there as a kid when we lived out of state but living in Florida Red lobster just doesn't do it.

What got my son was how good it looked on TV. He didn't understand it wouldn't really be like that until he saw it with his own eyes.

They opened one up in NH years ago and it closed within 6 months, no one went, too many seafood restaurants up there that sell fresh sea food for the same price or less.

I've never been to one.

Don't know? I used to love going there as a kid when we lived out of state but living in Florida Red lobster just doesn't do it.

What got my son was how good it looked on TV. He didn't understand it wouldn't really be like that until he saw it with his own eyes.

Based on that, he must not eat out anywhere because the pics of the meals on TV never look that good in person. Take burger commercials for example, it's false advertising and borderline fraud what they advertise vs. what they serve.

We used to stop at the Lobster when I was a kid because I think it was the only "seafood" place in Bakersfield, and I loved shrimp. Developed an allergy to shellfish in my early teens and haven't been back. But I might duplicate this meal for my daughter. She loves lobster. HEB usually has the cold water tails for $5 or less per tail.

Based on that, he must not eat out anywhere because the pics of the meals on TV never look that good in person. Take burger commercials for example, it's false advertising and borderline fraud what they advertise vs. what they serve.

It does feel like false advertising, but seems that advertisers are allowed to take more and more liberties these days. But I guess the position is, who really is confused about the gap these days? You know its going to be crap. Thats why you are there. You weren't really expecting Kobe beef were you...

Hell, Taco Bell isn't required to advertise the negative side effects of eating Taco Bell, but we require big pharma to list the risks (that unto itself is a stand alone discussion).

Most places we eat, other than fast food, don't have TV ads.

I fell in love and married a Red Lobster waitress who severed our table in 1996. True Story.

Do I love me some red lobster. Great establishment. Can’t afford to go there all the time, but definitely my go to for anniversaries and birthdays.

Red Lobster did used to be upper scale dining. Its turrible now. As mentioned, the only redeeming item, cheddar biscuits, can either be replicated or buy the mix in stores.

When Macaroni Grill first came on the scene it was considered upper crust casual dining
See? This is the problem with communicating like this.....I can't tell if y'all are straight up, or are just yanking my chain.I feel like Cousin Eddie.
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT