ADVERTISEMENT

Red Sox Thread

hatsbo

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
I started one up last year about this time to vent about the suckage. This year we're again in a free fall the last couple weeks after a respectable start. Panic has hit the front office, canning pitching coach Juan Nieves, with only one starter with a sub 5 era. Bat wise, struggles there as well with Sandoval the only hot hitter and St. Louis hero Craig sent down to the Pawsox. Farrell just had their second team meeting in a couple weeks, they called up Bradley, hopefully he can ignite the offense.

I was expecting bad starting pitching but not the anemic bats. The lineup should be producing better. It's a long way to go and hopefully they can get it together a bit. Nobody is running away with the division.

Ed Rodriguez with a huge debut! Sox are slumping badly and need a spark. The lineup has been much worse than I expected. Hopefully we got a lot of hot weather guys that will get it going.

That truly was a nice gem, then they turn around and give up seven tonight after the comeback. Pretty frustrating right now, you know things are bad when Ortiz gets benched. This division however, appears to be up for grabs. NY has turned around their recent swoon, seems like the other teams run hot and then cold, while we just chug along win two, lose three, win one lose two, lol.

Things are turning a bit for the better, Kelly gets his second win of the year, Buchholz and Miley pitched nice games as well this week. Run production has ticked up also, we've averaged 4 runs in our last three games!

It just keeps getting worse. Actually besides the pitching, hitting, fielding and 1-run games they're not too bad

Well, if we didn't play teams in our division, we'd be well above .500! Record is 10-19 against the East, we blew a 7 run lead tonight against the Jays, we're in a 4 game tailspin after sweeping the A's. We also figured out how to lose a game in which Rodriguez pitches, that takes some doing. Now behind 7 games and counting....

The sox are like a nightly blooper reel.

Good win today to stop the slide but... WTF. You got to fire Farrell and consider the whole front office don't you?

The sox are like a nightly blooper reel.

Good win today to stop the slide but... WTF. You got to fire Farrell and consider the whole front office don't you?

Minimum, Cherington has to go, and go right now. The offseason signings of Hanley and Sandoval, they basically bid against themselves.

And Farrell? An unexpected World Series does not get you off for 3 last place finishes, which is where they are headed. He needs to go right now and bring in someone like Ron Gardenhire as interim and try to right the ship, especially the friggin pitching, the arms are there, they are just not pitching up to their potentials. Jason Varitek might have been a .256 hitter, but he was the best I have ever seen call a game from behind the plate, and catching 4 No-No's just proves that, and he didn't catch those games with Hall of Famers pitching, he caught Hideo Nomo, Derek Lowe, a rookie in Clay Buchholtz and Jon Lester who was coming back after cancer. Pedro, Schilling or Beckett weren't the ones you would have expected him to catch a no-hitter with. Maybe a catcher who can call a game behind the plate can help this pitching staff.

I do love the Arkansas kid that they drafted.

Nice job by Brock Holt getting that triple in the 8th to complete the cycle! Getting a triple has to be the hardest hit to get for the cycle, and he nailed it with two outs in the 8th. Well of course, contrary to what I just said, Mookie Betts hit after Holt last night in the 8th and needed a home run to complete the cycle of his own. Wouldn't that have something, back to back hitters, and back to back cycles!!!! NESN is replaying the game from 3-5 PM today and I am DVR'ing it so that I can watch it when I get home from work tonight at 1:00 AM.

The Sox had two triples in one inning last night, and three triples for the game.

I think losing the catcher early on really hurt. Farrell has proven he can manage a staff but he needs some better work behind the plate. I would not fire him right now.

I was pretty upset they low-balled Jon Lester. The guy isn't all-world but he is effective and gave the Sox everything he had. A borderline insulting offer to a guy who bled for your team? I don't like that.

You don't get a lefty arm like Lester often. The sox blew that negotiation. I am getting sick and tired of the computer analysis as oppose to the eye test. Yes Lester is getting older but in a year in which you FA had a lack of arms you had to know Lester was going to get top dollar.

You guys make a great point, is catcher going to be the new SS position? I have hated how we can't settle on a SS through the years and hear constantly about the next guy is AA is a stud and gets to the bigs and turns out to be a dud.

Sox won an Eastern Division series against TB for the first time in two months, things are looking a bit more positive the last few weeks. The lineup changes more often than a Vegas showgirl. Masterson looked good after six weeks in rehab, Joe Kelly sent down to the Pawsox. De Aza played a major part in winning that series, nice pick up form the O's. Jackie Bradley, looks great on D, horrible on O.

Sox won an Eastern Division series against TB for the first time in two months, things are looking a bit more positive the last few weeks. The lineup changes more often than a Vegas showgirl. Masterson looked good after six weeks in rehab, Joe Kelly sent down to the Pawsox. De Aza played a major part in winning that series, nice pick up form the O's. Jackie Bradley, looks great on D, horrible on O.
I honestly haven't been watching, I refuse to by the season ticket package and I live in San Antonio the national games on TV and those seem to be the rock bottom. Been meaning to start a Bruins thread to discuss the draft and the latest trade today A third for Zac Rinaldo. Is Sweeney trying to set up Claude for failure if so why not fire him.

Sox with a decent trip. I never liked the Kelly trade much.

If the bats wake up it could get interesting because nobody in the division has much interest in excelling.

Well, we're back to one step forward two steps back, after a pretty decent month before the all star break. We looked average against the NY{at least we won a game, so there was solace there}, but then out of the gate a disastrous sweep by the A's, with the offense looking absolutely putrid. Pitching wise, we seem OK, even with questions about Buccholz return. Miley and even Porcello have looked decent, Rodriguez's implosion was a little troubling, he's had a couple of those games now. Looks like the Yankees are the team in the division to beat now.

How about Pedro. I love reliving the memories of his dominance. Love that guy.

I see Uehara broke his wrist last night & is out for the year. He'll probably only miss out on 3 or 4 save opportunities.

A rough year but Papi joins the 500/3 rings club. Dude is as clutch as anything.

Sox are actually middling their way towards decency. Word is they may hire former Braves GM Wren which I hope doesn't happen.

A rough year but Papi joins the 500/3 rings club. Dude is as clutch as anything.

Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and "Reggie" "Reggie" "Reggie" Jackson!!!!! What a cozy, little group of players. Of course the failed, leaked 2004 PED test will keep him out of Cooperstown.

I don't think so. Being a DH makes it hard but he is very good in the testing era, as well. 2013 series alone is enough to show that even if he used at one point, it sure didn't mean much.

Sox promote from within and name Hazen as new GM.

Not sure what to think of it yet, but I'm really glad they took a pass on Wrenn for the GM slot. Team is 20-13 since Dombrowski took over, not too bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT