ADVERTISEMENT

Restaurants named after sports people

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
Does it steer you in just because a restaurant is named after a player or coach?

I ate at marinos back in the day, and Shulas too

They rarely came into the restaurant , so other than the names the food wasn’t that special

The reason I posted is I saw a billboard advertising spurrier restaurant in hog town

I’m sure all gators eat there, but I can’t eat in that town

Ooh, ooh that smell kills my appetite

I used to go to Lee Roy Selmon's frequently;first time the name was part of what drew me in, but the food was quite good.
It was part bbq, part soul food/Southern-style comfort food. Co-owned by Selmon and the guys who started Outback Steakhouses. It was a small chain, I think all of the stores in the Tampa area.
Selmon and his brothers had originally come out with a bbq sauce that was sold on many stores; it was very good.

Does it steer you in just because a restaurant is named after a player or coach?

I ate at marinos back in the day, and Shulas too

They rarely came into the restaurant , so other than the names the food wasn’t that special

The reason I posted is I saw a billboard advertising spurrier restaurant in hog town

I’m sure all gators eat there, but I can’t eat in that town

Ooh, ooh that smell kills my appetite
Wasn’t there a thread a few years back about the ‘dishes’ served at that place? Like the Tebow ‘Holier Than Thou’ chicken wings?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT