ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Barnaby's Pizza

Heard its "Business for sale" because keeping the name Barnaby's won't require the building updates that would be required of a new business. Still waiting on my Powerball/MegaMillions jackpot to hit for that one. I miss it all the time!

Barnaby's on Jefferson in South Bend. There are two other locations in nearby Michiana.

Drank my fist ”legal” beer there in the 70’s back when the age was 18. Had quite a few not so legal ones there too but on my 18th birthday I chose Barnabys to flash my ID. Seems everyone I went to highschool worked there at some point, which is why I never did. Side note Red Elephant pizza in Tallahassee has a former barnabys cook there cranking out that same delicious square crust.

go Noles!

My older brother worked at the Northwood Mall location for a while. I saw many pitchers of beer on my table there. I had forgotten about the square pizzas.
The pizza was very good. The food was nice portions and good as well. The spaghetti and chicken was a good lunch go to.

It was pretty good, and always consistent. Ate there many times. Will be missed because another landmark bites the dust. Time marches on….nothing is forever.

Somehow, I never ended up going there a single time. Honestly, I never knew it was a pizza joint. From the name, I always thought it was something like a Bob Evans or some other random comfort-food type place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT