ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Music Thread

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
This Saturday we'll talk about cover songs. Depending on someone's age, they might not even realize songs were not original to the artist.

I'll start with these. What do you have?

Hurt seems more like a Johnny Cash song than one from Nine Inch Nails.

This is my favorite from Joe Cocker. It has more soul than the Beatles version.

This one is another cover of a Beatles tune.

My personal favorite cover by Zeppelin...of no other than the (alleged) soul-seller, Robert Johnson:

• Love
Reactions: BrianNole777
You're
The imagery of PInk Cadillac is there, but Aretha didn't do the actual song; you're thinking of "Freeway Jam", I believe.

You're right. Natalie Cole actually did the hit cover. Damned Mandela Effect....

"Freeway of Love" by Aretha does reference a pink Cadillac. (I'm a stroke survivor. Please excuse my synapses getting crossed occasionally.)

Last edited:
Herman's Hermits; There's a kind of hushhhh; aaaall over the world tonight... That song became popular again when Wake beat us 30-0 at home. Thanks, Jeffy. Nice play calling.

• Angry
Reactions: NoleLizards
Metallica - Turn the Page originally done by Bob Segar but also covered by Waylon Jennings.
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss originally by Wayne Cochran and covered by The Cavaliers before Pearl Jam
Disturbed- Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel

All three of these covers were better than the original although Turn the Page is close.

Reactions: seminoleed
Since we're still doing this on Monday...

The Allman Brothers Band are one of my very favorite artists of all time, but this Molly Hatchet cover is a definite upgrade IMO:

Metallica - Turn the Page originally done by Bob Segar but also covered by Waylon Jennings.
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss originally by Wayne Cochran and covered by The Cavaliers before Pearl Jam

All three of these covers were better than the original although Turn the Page is close.
1. I like the original better but it's not like it's not a discussion.
2. Agree
3. The versions are night and day different. It's really hard to compare. I really do like David Draiman's intensity singing the song. Paul Simon loved it which is a hell of an endorsement.

1. I like the original better but it's not like it's not a discussion.
2. Agree
3. The versions are night and day different. It's really hard to compare. I really do like David Draiman's intensity singing the song. Paul Simon loved it which is a hell of an endorsement.
1 is very close IMO but I'm a Metallica fan. I was going to add Fast Car to the list as well with Luke Combs and Tracy Chapman, as good or better than the original as well.

Disagree on a few.. I love Bob segar and Simon garfunkels versions better..

Although the covers are pretty badass as well. Especially disturbed’s version

I also like Luke Combs version of fast car better than Chapmans

Gato Barbieri made Europa famous, but it was written by Carlos Santana.

Antonio Carolos Jobim's songs have been covers for everyone.

Joe Cocker, "With a little help from my friends" is my all time favorite.

Quincy Jones was the songwriter behind a lot of hits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT