ADVERTISEMENT

Shark ID

75seminoles

Contributor
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
IMG_2236_zpsloowmgaf.jpg.html

I thought that this was a Blacktip. But, now I'm second guessing. Any thoughts?

Pic didnt show up, but it could be a spinner, theyre almost identical.

dc23d1f6-ab24-4158-99e9-7b8adead6ca4.jpeg

It's not very clear, but the caudal fin was black. But the dorsal fin wasn't black. I don't know what else it might be.

There are several sharks that look quite similar when small. Sharpnose, dusky, spinner, sandbar, etc they all kind of look similar to me when babies. Heck, I think I mentioned on here before that I caught a baby (about 4 ft) shark that I'm 99% sure was a mako but could have been a newborn great white as well. Those two look very similar until the great white starts to add bulk.

There are several sharks that look quite similar when small. Sharpnose, dusky, spinner, sandbar, etc they all kind of look similar to me when babies. Heck, I think I mentioned on here before that I caught a baby (about 4 ft) shark that I'm 99% sure was a mako but could have been a newborn great white as well. Those two look very similar until the great white starts to add bulk.
I agree. I guess I'll just call it a juvenile inshore shark. Thanks for your help. It's amazing how similar small Mako's and Great White's resemble each other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT