ADVERTISEMENT

Shed Question

hatsbo

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Got a nice garden shed because we garage both cars and was getting tired of walking sideways in there. Shed measures 12x12, I'll be putting my riding mower, cart, leaf collector and aerator in there, as well as the typical garden supplies. The floor is plywood and someone has already suggested I find a linoleum remnant. Painting, sealing or staining would be other options, experienced shed owners, advice please. Also any other tips on shed ownership would be appreciated.

You know that the fat man refers to his big belly as a tool shed, right? Another guy calls it his pout house where he goes to get away from the ole lady. A man and his shed is similar to the man/truck relationship. Congrats on your new space.

Frankly, I think The Shed has underwhelming BBQ especially for a nationally known place. The meat is very mediocre and the sauces are mostly too sweet and bland.

Waterbed, mirrored ceiling and a disco ball, maybe some cork in the walls for soundproofing.

I have a 12x12 and 2 other barns. A 12x12 really isn't all that big to store a bunch of stuff that has to sit on the floor,like you mentioned. Shelves or good hangers are nice to install. I put rubber mats down on top of plywood. Sounds like you'll need to build a ramp to drive your mower up in there. Those are pretty simple to build.

Sorry I don't have an answer but how I envy when people talk about sheds, barn, gardens, mini personal gun range, hiking/off road trails on their property. HOA is sucking the life out of me. Once the little one is past the age of playing with the neighborhood kids I am so done with restrictive neighborhoods and long for the day I can exclude myself from their perpetual watchful eye.

Is it a premanufactured shed or one built on site? I would recommend spacing the floor joists at 1' OC. At 2' the plywood will sag with the weight of the mower. Also make sure you have some kind of vapor barrier on the bottom side or the plywood will rot more quickly from the ground moisture.

No matter the flooring choice, don't let your kids play on the roof.

giphy.gif

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Is it a premanufactured shed or one built on site? I would recommend spacing the floor joists at 1' OC. At 2' the plywood will sag with the weight of the mower. Also make sure you have some kind of vapor barrier on the bottom side or the plywood will rot more quickly from the ground moisture.

This, or else it will be dirt in no time.

Frankly, I think The Shed has underwhelming BBQ especially for a nationally known place. The meat is very mediocre and the sauces are mostly too sweet and bland.

But if you're talking Homosassa, The Shed has great wings, and their peel & eat shrimp is better (though a bit more expensive) than the more popular Freezer.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Sorry I don't have an answer but how I envy when people talk about sheds, barn, gardens, mini personal gun range, hiking/off road trails on their property. HOA is sucking the life out of me. Once the little one is past the age of playing with the neighborhood kids I am so done with restrictive neighborhoods and long for the day I can exclude myself from their perpetual watchful eye.
Must leave the hood, must leave the hood, by nad I must leave the hood...

But if you're talking Homosassa, The Shed has great wings, and their peel & eat shrimp is better (though a bit more expensive) than the more popular Freezer.

If we're talking Hernando/Citrus county seafood, I prefer Peck's Old Port Cove in Ozello. They actually do live Maryland style blue crabs correctly.

excellent-crab.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT