What's the best time to shower?

• Before Bed

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • In The Morning

Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Both

Votes: 31 26.7%

• Total voters
I shower every morning before work without exception. It is a part of my morning routine. If I end up exercising after work, I will also shower in the evening. Ideally, I'd do both all the time, but I always seem to get lazy after supper and usually just crash.

If I'm on the road and working, then it's first thing in the morning.

If I'm at home, working out of the house, then it's at night.

In the morning, as part of getting ready for work. In the evening before bed I usually jump in the pool for a few minutes.

Morning for me but I am a stickler for washing my face AND my feet before I get in bed. It's a thing from my childhood.

1. If I shower at night then it wakes me up, it's bad sleep hygiene.
2. Sometimes nocturnal activities get me sweaty and I'll need a shower in the morning.
3. All the time I sweat at night because my wife gets cold when it's less than 78 in the house.

I will shower after workouts and the beach in the day, but that's it.

Sh1t, shower, and shave in the morning always unless I am in some way getting sweaty or dirty that I need to shower before bed.

Always at night after gym. I can't imagine getting in bed after sweating. I rarely if ever shower in the morning. I can throw some water on my face and wake up pretty easily.

I shower at night a few times a week depending on my days activity.

but always in the morning.....who the hell doesn't shower in the morning?!?!

* Also shower after work if I have a unusually loose one at work...

Reactions: vevois23
Shower in the morning 100 percent of time. Shower at night 25 percent dependent on day's activities.

Usually shower in the morning, but will shower at night if I plan on surfing before work in the morning, in which case I'll also rinse off under the beach shower. Totally humblebragging here.

I've found my options have opened up immensely since I started shaving my head to stubble length. I used to need to wash my hair every morning to get it under control. Totally liberating (and balding)!

P.s. I also shower at the gym if I work out. I think I'm the only dude below 90 years old that does that.

P.s. I also shower at the gym if I work out. I think I'm the only dude below 90 years old that does that.
57141472.jpg

I shower every morning before work without exception. It is a part of my morning routine. If I end up exercising after work, I will also shower in the evening. Ideally, I'd do both all the time, but I always seem to get lazy after supper and usually just crash.

I have to shower before after getting up if I plan on going anywhere. Even shower before the gym the majority of the time.

I shower before bed if I've worked out or played a sport or done anything active. Not trying to climb into bed with sweat or dirt on me.

1. If I shower at night then it wakes me up, it's bad sleep hygiene.
2. Sometimes nocturnal activities get me sweaty and I'll need a shower in the morning.
3. All the time I sweat at night because my wife gets cold when it's less than 78 in the house.

I will shower after workouts and the beach in the day, but that's it.

I cant sleep good if its over 72, I prefer about 60 but can't afford it so I have it on 72 and ceiling fan wide open. I never use heat in the winter other than to warm the house up when I get out of bed. I despise hot weather, memories of my construction days.

I cant sleep good if its over 72, I prefer about 60 but can't afford it so I have it on 72 and ceiling fan wide open. I never use heat in the winter other than to warm the house up when I get out of bed. I despise hot weather, memories of my construction days.
Funny, I only use heat in the morning in the winter. I'm right there with you, hate hot weather.

Every morning before work, unless I did something to get sweaty/dirty the night before, in which case I shower at night. Sometimes will still shower in the morning depending on how late that shower was the day before. If it was right before bed, probably not.

Sh1t, shower, and shave in the morning always unless I am in some way getting sweaty or dirty that I need to shower before bed.

For me in the morning, it's shave, $h1t, and then shower (and then blow dry). If I get really dirty/sweaty in the afternoon, I will jump in the shower that night.

On the weekends, it depends on what I am doing/where I am going. Sometimes, I will go the whole weekend without showering/shaving (or just one shower).

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning every day and at night if I sweat at during the afternoon from yard work, etc...
Same here. But I will say, there's something refreshing about showering after coming home from work, workout/yard work or not. It's kind of nice to lounge around clean. Watch some tv, maybe have a glass of wine. I don't do it all of the time, but I enjoy it every now and then.

generally every morning as I prepare for work. If I'm in a relationship that involves sharing the same bed always before bed.

Shower in morning, after yardwork or baseball coaching. Can't go to bed sweaty.

I prefer to shower when I get home from work and in the morning before work. But, with a 45 minute commute (meaning I'd have to wake up much earlier than I do now to shower) I've settled for showering before bed.

Obviously the type of day and the amount of gunkiness I feel changes that. I like showering in the morning because it gives me a little extra wake up.

Rarely shower on a weeknight when I've just been at the office but always on weekend nights when I've been outside a lot.

Shower and shave every morning. I don't feel feel right otherwise.

I work a very physical job so have to take one after work . I use to take one in the morning's with my previous job since it was inside . Nor now because I'm gonna be sweaty as hell when I get to work anyways .

I shower before bed and in the morning before work.

Not sure how you sleep in your bed after not showing all day.

And who wants to do the nasty with someone who hasn't bathed since the morning?

But who am I to judge...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT