ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Big 10

seminole_wizard II

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 30, 2013
Ponte Vedra, Fl
Sorry for BIG letters.

Penn State doctor says 30-35% of Big Ten athletes positive for COVID-19 had myocarditis symptoms and
was a driver behind the Big Ten's decision to postpone the coming season with the possibility to return this winter or spring.

That doctor isn't immune to bias.

Let people make decisions for themselves.

Go Noles.

Reactions: Warchant1911
the article lost me when they started talking about VO2 max. football players are elite in many physical aspects, especially short, explosive efforts, but VO2 max is not one of them.

There was a retrospective study out of Germany that showed 2/3 Covid positive patients had changes on cardiac MRI consistent with Myocarditis. Even patients that were not hospitalized had evidence of cardiac inflammation

For the record I’m not advocating canceling the season. This is simply a situation where the athletes should be educated on potential risk and allowed to make the best decision for them and their families.

It is ironic the study comes out as the big ten is considering a oct 10 start. Some schools are pushing back on the findings for their own school.

Reactions: ColaNoles
There was a retrospective study out of Germany that showed 2/3 Covid positive patients had changes on cardiac MRI consistent with Myocarditis. Even patients that were not hospitalized had evidence of cardiac inflammation

For the record I’m not advocating canceling the season. This is simply a situation where the athletes should be educated on potential risk and allowed to make the best decision for them and their families.
Apparently Germany hasn't taken this information to mean shutting down their sports leagues.

It is ironic the study comes out as the big ten is considering a oct 10 start. Some schools are pushing back on the findings for their own school.
And myocarditis has been acknowledged since the mid 1800's and will continue to exist in October, January and next fall.
I'd be more concerned about the recreational athlete who is not being monitored post virus.

And myocarditis has been acknowledged since the mid 1800's and will continue to exist in October, January and next fall.
I'd be more concerned about the recreational athlete who is not being monitored post virus.
heck, there is 176 of the most elite VO2 max athletes in the world winding their way around France right now, 20% of which are from the two European COVID hotbeds and probably 65% of the entire field make their regular residence in Spain, Italy, or France.

Reactions: ChiefWB
heck, there is 176 of the most elite VO2 max athletes in the world winding their way around France right now, 20% of which are from the two European COVID hotbeds and probably 65% of the entire field make their regular residence in Spain, Italy, or France.
And the Bundesliga, EPL, Serie A, La Liga all have completed the 19-20 seasons and are starting new seasons in the next 10 days. Easily 2000 players. It’s not like we don’t have a frame of reference.

Reactions: GbrNole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT