ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Dan Patrick show this morning regarding conference realignment...

patlas

Seminole Insider
Dec 2, 2002
TIFWIW but in the first hour of the Dan Patrick this morning on Peacock (apparently he mentioned this last week as well) according to his "sources", if ND joins the Big Ten, he sees them going after UNC, NC St, Duke, UVA, VA Tech & Syracuse (I know that only brings them to 23 schools with USC & UCLA). That in theory would lock up the Midwest, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic for the Big Ten.

In turn his "source" sees the SEC going after FSU, Clemson, Miami and possibly Louisville, GA Tech & even UCF to completely lock up the South (including the states of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Kentucky) and Texas for the SEC.

The Big 12 then would look at adding Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Colorado.(I didn't hear any mention of Oregon or Washington).

Apparently it's been reported the Pac-12 in the Big 12 will not merge (he said that was previously reported, but I didn't see it anywhere).

His source says this could all go down in the next couple weeks. DP said this is all based on what ND decides to do.

Again this is what I heard on The Dan Patrick show this morning in the first hour around the 22 minute mark... Not sure who his source is, but it is a national show that is syndicated on national radio and on Peacock.

Sorry if this was posted before I didn't see it anywhere - just passing along what I heard this morning.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News