ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP. Masks required while a sitting in stadium?

It’s a highly contagious virus. Assuming your statistic is correct, if only a third of the country gets it, that’s 700,000 people “seriously hurt” (which I’m assuming means dead).

The chances of dying in a car crash are 1 in 103 (New York Times - Google it). That’s a pretty serious number - more of a killer than COVID. Should we all stop driving cars?

You warn people of the risks, and let life continue. Folks with preexisting conditions and elderly are more at risk and should hunker down. The rest of us are going to be fine and should be able to resume our normal activities - including attending games without masks.

If someone is scared about contracting the virus they should stay home and watch the games on TV.

Some teams already have no fans.

Since college kids appear to Not care about social distancing and COVID spiking in all college towns many other schools on the verge of saying no fans.

I would plan on wearing a mask if you want to see your team in person this year.

At this point there is probably a greater chance of you being asked to leave the stadium if you do not keep your mask on than being allowed to sit there without one.

The chances of dying in a car crash are 1 in 103 (New York Times - Google it). That’s a pretty serious number - more of a killer than COVID. Should we all stop driving cars?

You warn people of the risks, and let life continue. Folks with preexisting conditions and elderly are more at risk and should hunker down. The rest of us are going to be fine and should be able to resume our normal activities - including attending games without masks.

If someone is scared about contracting the virus they should stay home and watch the games on TV.
If football games become super spreader events they will be shut down to all fans. This is about getting to see more than one game. But I am the Lone Ranger, the masked man. I am looking for a ticket.

Reactions: sja82 and CobraEatr
this data is from Johns Hopkins.

I have been to japan a few times, and on a regular basis I have seen a broader use of mask wearing.

I cannot state that my observation of mask wearing is why there are fewer deaths per thousand, but the numbers are the numbers.

COUNTRYCONFIRMEDDEATHSCASE-FATALITYDEATHS/100K POP.
US6,244,970188,5383.0%57.63
Japan71,4671,3611.9%1.08

126 million people in Japan

Go NOLES!

Last edited:
Is being asked to wear a mask really that serious? I really don't understand people who make a big deal out of things like this. I guess its just being told to do something that some people don't like even if its for their own good.

Its like the zoo telling people please don't hang over the fence of the lion enclosure and people getting angry about being told not to.
I can’t imagine a worse analogy but nice try

Small price to pay to keep us all safe. Five months ago fans in a stadium was a pipe dream. We have figured a couple of things out in that period. Let’s keep moving forward.
I have decided to take disposable masks to the game. Probably will be sweating a lot and I can just throw away the sweaty ones and put on fresh and dry as needed or wanted.

Reactions: ChiefWB
I have decided to take disposable masks to the game. Probably will be sweating a lot and I can just throw away the sweaty ones and put on fresh and dry as needed or wanted.

Because my wife insists everything be washed constantly I only wear disposable masks. The lighter blue ones are much more comfortable than the cotton fashionable ones (I think) even if not as cool.

Reactions: AlyAnn
Where is this requirement posted? I searched but I don't see anything. Anybody have a link? Thanks!

Where is this requirement posted? I searched but I don't see anything. Anybody have a link? Thanks!

The last unofficial I got was not when seated. But, they haven't been really forthcoming with all the details and were are less than a week out. I have no issue walking around to get food or a beer, with it on. I'm not worried about me, but I will do it out of courtesy for others. Sitting in my seat, hell no.

Ordered my masks yesterday because I am a compliant sort and will do what entities desire for me to be on their premises. (up to a point of onerousness where I decide not to enter). As far as "safety" goes....The following is part of the description of every mask available where I shopped and what is generally available to the public:
  • This product is not a medical device. It is not intended to be personal protective equipment and should not be used by healthcare professionals or used in a healthcare/clinical environment or setting. The product is not intended to prevent or protect from any form of illness or disease (or otherwise).

That is what’s so funny. These masks protect you from nothing. But common sense is thrown out the door. If you have been paying attention you would realize the “COVID” deaths have been inflated. Hospitals and doctors were classifying deaths and cases as Covid because they received incentives to do so. It is a brilliant plan, can you imagine when winter hits and cases of the common cold and flu increase what nonsense we will encounter then. Be patient, the nonsense will soon be over.

Reactions: NoleRx and nnfdnole
If it means having football, then wearing a mask should be no big deal.

Reactions: gauguin
The masks protect other people from you spreading what you do not know you have... think of others, wear a mask.

Have fun in the stadium.

Go NOLES!

So you are telling me that the geniuses that run Leon County are surprised that there are a few dozen more positive cases( in a county populated by 292,000 people), that just had 40,000 18-22 years move back/to? Government at it’s finest.

Not really, I can see my Noles at home on the TV.

I'm all for doing what is needed to prevent something. Wearing a seatbelt in a parked car? No. Absolutely no reason one should have to sit in the stands with a mask on, with their own group. It serves no function.

I wear it when a business requires it, rest of the time, nope. All the bars here do not, and we are out all of the time. Guess what? We aren't running rampant on cases.

If this is gonna be like the parking, where after they rook us into tickets they cancel it, then I'll just sell my tickets for every game and then I won't be renewing. Between Thrasher and some of the ticket office decisions, I am starting to question whether I can trust some of these higher ups at FSU.

I always wanted a boat, so there is a place to redirect my funds to. If you think I need to sit at my seat, socially distanced in a stadium at less than 20% capacity, and wear a mask, you are a FOOL and I won't support you.

Being anti-lemming doesn't make me delicate. You can keep following off the cliff if you want.
giphy.gif

Reactions: MIKE_G
Wear the mask at your seats unless FSU says you don’t have to.

It’s that simple.

It might be stupid it might be useless it might be uncomfortable, but If/when FSU says “Due to the recent increase in local COVID cases and witnessing fans In attendance at the FSU/GT game not wearing masks, there will no longer be fans allowed at games for the remainder of the season.” don’t bitch and moan on here.

Is that true? Sorry not going now if true. . That’s BS. Selling my seats. Smh...
The mask is for your neighbor not you, it says “I care” nothing else. Get past to politics and bs. Do you have ABS breaks in your car? Do you wear a seatbelt? Until people view it as a public service to their neighbors who may be less healthy it’s frustrating. This is from a guy who is 41, fit active healthy and voted for trump & will again. I also work front lines at a level 1 trauma center. When my 3 year old goes into Lowe’s w me he wears a mask. Civil responsibility that’s all.

I'm so hurt, really. Choosing not to participate in stupidity is not snowflake material, but carry on.
I recommend that all who do not want to wear a mask just enjoy the game on TV in their safe space.

If my coach can wear one, I think I can tough it out also. (Yes he will be wearing one)

You do you do homie.
Go Noles
Have a lovely Labor Day weekend. 😷

Wear the mask at your seats unless FSU says you don’t have to.

It’s that simple.

It might be stupid it might be useless it might be uncomfortable, but If/when FSU says “Due to the recent increase in local COVID cases and witnessing fans In attendance at the FSU/GT game not wearing masks, there will no longer be fans allowed at games for the remainder of the season.” don’t bitch and moan on here.

Don't bitch and moan??? But listen to me, I'm in charge and you don't have a say?!?! I think you hit the nail on the head. People are tired of hearing from others what they "have to do" when they have no authority too! Especially when it comes to facts, data and reason. So maybe just maybe someone else has an opinion that is different then you??? Its ok, let them speak. See how that works! Just my 2 cents! Go Noles!!!

Ummmm....this isn’t my opinion. FSU has the authority to tell anyone that attends their sporting events what is required of them to do so. And as of now FSU says you have to wear a mask (nothing communicated yet on if you have to while seated.)

As someone who lives in Orlando and goes to Disney. You are supposed to wear a mask while on rides and around the park. But if you are off to the side or sitting down eating you do not have to. I highly doubt they will come over to you minding your own business sitting down with your family. Just wear a mask coming into the stadium and when you go to the restroom and concessions. Be considerate when you are around others. That’s it. Easy.

JHC it is a mask. I can’t smoke in the stadium. I can’t drink alcohol that I bring with me. I have to wear covering over my genitalia. I can’t bring guns into the stadium. I am not allowed to engage in intercourse. Last couple of times, they said I couldn’t shout threats.
No fireworks. I still go and enjoy it. I seldom bring the Gadsden flag anymore, as I still feel pretty free.

As someone who lives in Orlando and goes to Disney. You are supposed to wear a mask while on rides and around the park. But if you are off to the side or sitting down eating you do not have to. I highly doubt they will come over to you minding your own business sitting down with your family. Just wear a mask coming into the stadium and when you go to the restroom and concessions. Be considerate when you are around others. That’s it. Easy.

The wonderful world of Disney. One of my favorite topics. I remember when the Father of the CIA Wild Bill Donovan set up 33rd Degree Mason, actually much higher, Walt Disney with a ridiculously low purchase of more than 40 square miles of Orange Grove land in Orlando To set up a major rabbit hole called Disney World. Follow the white rabbit like Alice did. Sorry, I get your message and apologize for getting off football, but Disney intrigues me, didn’t Tom Hanks do a wonderful job saluting ole Walt.

JHC it is a mask. I can’t smoke in the stadium. I can’t drink. I have to wear covering over my genitalia. I can’t bring guns into the stadium. I am not allowed to engage in intercourse. Last couple of times, they said I couldn’t shout threats.
No fireworks.

like it .. its a mask . relax .. agreed it will be okay . wear one so thin it does not work and you will be good

As someone who lives in Orlando and goes to Disney. You are supposed to wear a mask while on rides and around the park. But if you are off to the side or sitting down eating you do not have to.

agreed it is what we do .. we are in a pandemic

This thread reminds me of the response after 9/11. People claimed they would do anything to prevent such horrific attacks from ever happening on US soil again. That lasted until TSA told us to take our shoes off and people started freaking out. Same applies here. A few months back most of us would have walked barefoot on glass to go see live sports. Just wear the mask. All things considered it is a small request to enjoy some normalcy.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
The masks protect other people from you spreading what you do not know you have... think of others, wear a mask.

Have fun in the stadium.

Go NOLES!
While wearing medical grade masks is likely to protect others, the other gear being sold and promulgated is much less likely to provide that protection. If the non medical grade was indeed effective in protecting others, it would make sense for companies that make and sell such products to use this claim as a marketing tool. They don’t because they can’t.
I will still abide by the rule of wearing a mask at games, restaurants and other businesses if it means the economic shutdowns are avoided and employment is preserved. If by chance the spread of the virus is reduced-that would be equally awesome.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
Probably because everyone is sick of the massive overreacting that is going on in our nation.
I don't think its overracting when almost 200,000 people have died in 6 months. If your mom, dad, son, or daughter had died from this I'm sure your outlook would be different.

So you are telling me that the geniuses that run Leon County are surprised that there are a few dozen more positive cases( in a county populated by 292,000 people), that just had 40,000 18-22 years move back/to? Government at it’s finest.
A few dozen? Leon County added 530 new cases this weekend. We are officially on the hotspot map.
These kind of numbers keep up and there might not be any of us in the stands.

Last edited:
Reactions: squiffynole
This is just all blah, blah, blah, until someone posts what the actual policy is. I thought I had read that once you got to your seats, you could take your mask off as you are social distanced from other fans.
I'll be watching from my couch 15 hrs away.

Reactions: nnfdnole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT