ADVERTISEMENT

So apparently girls ruin everything..

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/hig...ns-pretty-much-ruin-everything-234334761.html

It almost feels like a joke video, but apparently not.

My question is why do people not have any filter on these types of things? What in the world made him think that this would go over well? At least he didn't make any racial comments. Publicly anyways.

If he hadn’t gone sideways with his rant about Adam and Eve and stuck to the issue of clothes I would 100% agree with him, it IS always the women who try to cheat at dress codes. Whether 13 or 33. At the public middle school I volunteer at you don’t see little boys with their butt cheeks hanging out their shorts or balls dropping out, but with the girls there are always several inappropriate examples of boobs on display and bottom butt cheeks peeking out of tiny skirts or shorts. As an adult at the AG where men had to wear long sleeve shirts and ties every man was in compliance but the women’s “professional” attire would somehow include miniskirts and bosom exposing tiny tops. Even when I was in private school as a kiddo myself, I never recall boys failing to wear the required polo shirt and khaki or blue dress pants but I remember several girls getting in trouble for rolling up their waistband on the mandatory length skirts to show more leg than allowable as well as buying tops a size too small for actual comfort.

Now is there anything wrong with women/girls expressing sexuality in their attire OUTSIDE the workplace or school? Absolutely not. And I’m by no means suggesting burkas being used for all women and girls on the street. FREE TIME not work or school is where sexuality should be expressed and no the women/girls shouldn’t be “slut-shamed” for looking for the exact same thing the guys/boys are looking for. But there’s no doubt women/girls are responsible for violating 95+% probably more like 99+% of the various dress codes. And dress codes are in there for a reason and that reason is mainly to remove as much sexuality as possible in the school/work setting. There’s plenty of time for that in their free time.

If he hadn’t gone sideways with his rant about Adam and Eve and stuck to the issue of clothes I would 100% agree with him, it IS always the women who try to cheat at dress codes. Whether 13 or 33. At the public middle school I volunteer at you don’t see little boys with their butt cheeks hanging out their shorts or balls dropping out, but with the girls there are always several inappropriate examples of boobs on display and bottom butt cheeks peeking out of tiny skirts or shorts. As an adult at the AG where men had to wear long sleeve shirts and ties every man was in compliance but the women’s “professional” attire would somehow include miniskirts and bosom exposing tiny tops. Even when I was in private school as a kiddo myself, I never recall boys failing to wear the required polo shirt and khaki or blue dress pants but I remember several girls getting in trouble for rolling up their waistband on the mandatory length skirts to show more leg than allowable as well as buying tops a size too small for actual comfort.

Now is there anything wrong with women/girls expressing sexuality in their attire OUTSIDE the workplace or school? Absolutely not. And I’m by no means suggesting burkas being used for all women and girls on the street. FREE TIME not work or school is where sexuality should be expressed and no the women/girls shouldn’t be “slut-shamed” for looking for the exact same thing the guys/boys are looking for. But there’s no doubt women/girls are responsible for violating 95+% probably more like 99+% of the various dress codes. And dress codes are in there for a reason and that reason is mainly to remove as much sexuality as possible in the school/work setting. There’s plenty of time for that in their free time.

Another reason I love my job. On a yacht, women are encouraged to wear short shorts/skirts, and we always buy their shirts form fitting.

Lol....that was hilarious!

It was but not the right venue to go off script with an off the cuff joke like that. From what I understand the VP is well liked by the students and is the baseball coach. I don't know many from this school for my daughter doesn't go there. Some people are planning a rally today in an attempt to save his job which with all this publicity is probably in jeopardy. I do know it wasn't the students that got up in arms on this comment but another teacher who got offended and turned him in. I will have an opportunity to talk to another coach from there this weekend. I am curious if this guy had been through a recent divorce and that is where the joke originated. If so, then this sounds like your run of the mill country song obviously being sung at the wrong time.

I wouldn't touch this topic directly even with any of the rest of yours' equipment, but is anyone else familiar with the ol' saying about giving 'em enough rope??

Reactions: Lurker1999

At my school boys tried to break the dress code by wearing the wrong brand of pants. Yes our uniform pants had to be a specific brand. Or a tie that wasn't solid color that it was supposed to be. Usually to show off a brand. Many girls did role their skirts to make them shorter and leave the 2nd button of their blouse unbuttoned.

Today I am guessing boys try to break the dress codes by sagging. And no it isn't a specific race. Many boys like to not wear belts and/or sag so their underwear are showing from what i have seen in a few public schools i have been to

I was thinking about this the other day. I saw some high school girls walking on the sidewalk and one of them was wearing a black skirt that was so incredibly short it didn't even really count as clothing, in my opinion.

No pics. No pedo.

My daughter would go off on you. There's a huge list of restrictions on what girls can wear at school including silly things like visible bra straps and almost nothing about what boys can wear - and the justification....that the boys get distracted by the girls outfits. So, she can't dress comfortably because boys can't control themselves. She wonders when they'll break out the burkas - punish the girls for the boys lack of control.

What is it about boys that makes it hard to control themselves? Is it nature or nurture? Are men predisposed to being creeps and we just have to deal with it. Or did mommas and daddies not raise their sons correctly?

What is it about boys that makes it hard to control themselves? Is it nature or nurture? Are men predisposed to being creeps and we just have to deal with it. Or did mommas and daddies not raise their sons correctly?
Damn if this doesn't sound like a Lurker thread topic. Congratulations.

I feel like that isn't something to be proud of.

As long as I can remember guys have been called creeps, dogs, pigs, etc. Women have been called names I feel are inappropriate in any setting. I know people want it to be a black and white issue over the whole dress code thing but there is too much nuance. Ranging from old school religious teachings to old as time objectification.

Is there really a party to blame or is everyone at fault? But we'll never know because people will get passionate about their stance and an online debate won't change any minds.

Reactions: NebNoles
My daughter would go off on you. There's a huge list of restrictions on what girls can wear at school including silly things like visible bra straps and almost nothing about what boys can wear - and the justification....that the boys get distracted by the girls outfits. So, she can't dress comfortably because boys can't control themselves. She wonders when they'll break out the burkas - punish the girls for the boys lack of control.
My daughter (11) is furious that she has to wear “boy” shorts at gym. She’s all girl and loves girly clothes, so to wear ugly boy gym shorts ruins her life, or so she says. Makes me think of the basketball scene from Blended.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Sigh... as a nation we've got a long, long, long way to go.
Or, glass half empty... I think we're closing in on the end of the current chapter pretty quickly.

If I didn't have a kid that has to live through the next 70 or 80 years, I'd fully support burning it all down to the ground.

ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u1.png

eat-the-rich.jpg

Having kids moving from tweens to teens makes me realize that for the most part - boys are stupid. I know that I'm one and I went thru all that, but to witness it thru the eyes of middle school/early HS kids you just realize that at least 80% of boys are just this side of feral. It's no wonder that girls always are wooed by "older men" (which just means older than whatever age the girl is) as they boys in their age groups tend to be well...stupid. I know, I know, your kid is the exception. So is mine in some ways. But in others... oof.
And we romanticize this stupidity. Every 80's movie celebrated it. Hell, I love those movies - but the boys in them? Morons. It's amazing that we ever manage to convince them to let us near them before the age of 30.
Yes, yes, there are dumb girls too and drama, oh the drama. But if you've had groups of young girls in your house and groups of young boys - it's obvious which group spends more time in thought/discussion and which group thinks lighting farts is the height of comedy.

I feel like that isn't something to be proud of.

As long as I can remember guys have been called creeps, dogs, pigs, etc. Women have been called names I feel are inappropriate in any setting. I know people want it to be a black and white issue over the whole dress code thing but there is too much nuance. Ranging from old school religious teachings to old as time objectification.

Is there really a party to blame or is everyone at fault? But we'll never know because people will get passionate about their stance and an online debate won't change any minds.

Why can't we judge the individual person rather than gender? I feel like as a society we're turning into "men are bad and women are good."

I support the #Metoo movement and I love the fact that sexual abusers are getting exposed, but the idea that all or most women are innocent angels is far from reality.

Talking about the work dress codes, my company updated dress codes little before I started. Standard stuff for people not client facing; jeans with no rips, or slacks, or minimum length / coverage for skirts. Some guy decided to go all in and exclusively wore kilts for several years.

Lol....that was hilarious!

Yeah, I read the thread before watching the video and was expecting much worse based on the comments. It was pretty obvious that he was joking. There are far more sexist comments made about men on a daily basis on TV and no one bats an eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lurker1999
Yeah, I read the thread before watching the video and was expecting much worse based on the comments. It was pretty obvious that he was joking. There are far more sexist comments made about men on a daily basis on TV and no one bats an eye.
Sure, but he's a principal of young girls. Girls deal with far too much in the way of body shaming, and self image problems as it is. A school leader has to know better than to say something like that in a public manner. I don't think he needs to be fired, but I do think some education on issues girls are facing with self-harm and the likes as a result of body shaming is necessary, as well as a heart felt apology to both the students for his choice of words, and towards the parents is needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT