ADVERTISEMENT

So is anything happening on the news today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
just asking for a friend.

a8fdf58a7e4760e3326f70b6888ea724--funny-cute-lol-funny.jpg

Reactions: EconSean
I haven't received anything about a coaching staff being re-structured or interim titles for the one school I actually care about.

So... nope.

That won’t happen until the offseason. Which for us will start immediately after the Gator game.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
Well, I know that up here near where I live, a 12yo tried to end it all by jumping off an overpass onto a highway. He landed on a woman's car and killed her, but he's apparently going to live.

A huge bowl of irony is that the woman who died was a clinician who worked with kids with severe problems.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Well, I know that up here near where I live, a 12yo tried to end it all by jumping off an overpass onto a highway. He landed on a woman's car and killed her, but he's apparently going to live.

A huge bowl of irony is that the woman who died was a clinician who worked with kids with severe problems.

They were talking about that on The Ticket this morning. Same thing as always: what's going on with this kid that, at 12, he's decided not only will he try to end his life, but also, potentially someone's else's in the process?

Reactions: NDallasRuss

That’s terrible!

In an ACTUAL news article, I did see there is going to be escalated drama in Spain with the Catalonian Independence. Thats pretty interesting IMO. Imagine if Texas actually decided to withdraw from the US.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
They were talking about that on The Ticket this morning. Same thing as always: what's going on with this kid that, at 12, he's decided not only will he try to end his life, but also, potentially someone's else's in the process?
I haven't seen anything about the kid's circumstances, but I agree. At 12yo, how can things have gotten so bad that you feel that this is the best way to take care of things? Or, alternatively, at 12yo how can you have learned that this is the way to deal with (perceived?) problems?

It's a problem here in this area. There are enough kids that kill themselves that we've had to discuss this with the kid multiple times. I've told her that it may seem like we're too interested in her life, or too nosy, or that we ask the same questions over and over, but we want to make it abundantly clear to her that we're interested in what goes on in her life, we want to know how things are going, and we want to know if she starts getting to the point where she feels overwhelmed, or unable to deal with things that are going on in her life. We've explained that there's nothing that can happen that is permanent, or that can't be fixed, no matter how bad it seems.

In the end, it sucks that kids can't just be kids any more. I'm guessing that even at 12yo, the kid probably got a bad grade or assessment and felt that he had already screwed up his shot at the "right" college and let his parents down: there's that kind of pressure on success in this area. (And yes, I'm just guessing, but it's kind of an educated guess for this area).

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
In an ACTUAL news article, I did see there is going to be escalated drama in Spain with the Catalonian Independence. Thats pretty interesting IMO. Imagine if Texas actually decided to withdraw from the US.
It is pretty interesting to see how that's going and how quickly things are escalating from Catalonia declaring independence and the Spanish government immediately dissolving Catalonia's government.

At this point I think it's more likely that California would secede than Texas.

Last edited:

Yeah I saw that. Russia is funding all kinds of independence groups across the US and EU. Britain, Catalonia, Flanders, Texas, Hawaii etc, lots of independence groups magically having money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ReliableOstrich
It is pretty interesting to see how that's going and how quickly things are escalating from Catalonia declaring independence and the Italian government immediately dissolving Catalonia's government.

At this point I think it's more likely that California would secede than Texas.
I hope California does secede. The other 49 states would be immediately better off.

LMAO...........it would be devastating to the US economy
I agree. I don't think the US would want to take the hit from losing any of those top-producing states!

List of U.S. states by GDP (millions of current dollars)
Rank State 2016 - % of Nation
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
18,456,292 - 100.00
23px-Flag_of_California.svg.png
California 2,602,672 - 14.10
23px-Flag_of_Texas.svg.png
Texas 1,616,801 - 8.76
23px-Flag_of_New_York.svg.png
New York 1,487,998 - 8.06
23px-Flag_of_Florida.svg.png
Florida 926,817 - 5.02
23px-Flag_of_Illinois.svg.png
Illinois 791,608 - 4.29

LMAO...........it would be devastating to the US economy
I'm not sure why total production matters when they are always bankrupt? The state is poorly ran and full of parasites. All of the important businesses would evacuate back to the US and the country of California would be a third world country in a matter of years.

I'm not sure why total production matters when they are always bankrupt? The state is poorly ran and full of parasites. All of the important businesses would evacuate back to the US and the country of California would be a third world country in a matter of years.
California's GDP is higher than the combined total of the bottom 25 states: half the country. The Southern states still dominate the list of net "takers" vs "givers". Losing California would be felt by the social programs in a whole lot of states.

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...tates-are-givers-and-which-are-takers/361668/

Well, for the short term, both Cali and Texas would really hurt.

Cali for the HUGE amount of agriculture that they provide to the rest of the US. US feet would be help over the fire and food prices would skyrocket if Cali decided to create a trade agreement there.
IF it were Texas, the oil would be hard to replace (but like not as much as the agriculture Cali provides). We do have alternate sources inside as well as North to provide oil products. Texas does lead the nation in producing school books for the US, so we'd have to find an alternate source there, but its just education, not as important as keeping my car running.

IF it were Texas, the oil would be hard to replace (but like not as much as the agriculture Cali provides). We do have alternate sources inside as well as North to provide oil products. Texas does lead the nation in producing school books for the US, so we'd have to find an alternate source there, but its just education, not as important as keeping my car running.
It's not just oil and schoolbooks...

"Texas leads the nation in cattle, cotton, hay, sheep, goats and mohair production."

So, your fancy mohair jackets would cost WAY more if Texas left!

And, the ground beef for your hamburgers would cost like $12/lb.

http://www.texasagriculture.gov/About/TexasAgStats.aspx

Reactions: funksouljon
And then there's the Danish inventor who admitted to dismembering the journalist on board his private submarine.

Huh? I don't think that was even alleged.

https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/tv/2017/10/29/kevin-spacey-anthony-rapp-sexual-misconduct/amp/

“Kevin Spacey has apologized to Anthony Rapp after Rapp alleged Spacey made an unwanted sexual advance toward the Star Trek: Discovery actor when he was 14 years old. Spacey, at the time, was 26.

“I have a lot of respect and admiration for Anthony Rapp as an actor. I’m beyond horrified to hear his story,” Spacey wrote in a statement posted to Twitter. “I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago. But if I did behave as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.””

Maybe I'm working with an older definition of "rape." What I read from the allegation didn't include any actual sexual contact.

Well, for the short term, both Cali and Texas would really hurt.

Cali for the HUGE amount of agriculture that they provide to the rest of the US. US feet would be help over the fire and food prices would skyrocket if Cali decided to create a trade agreement there.

Without water?

Maybe I'm working with an older definition of "rape." What I read from the allegation didn't include any actual sexual contact.

The earlier article I read said it was sexual contact but after posting I went and read what Rapp said about the encounter and would agree there was no penetration although he was apparently manhandled, held down and felt Kevin’s..uh...”spirit” pressing against him repeatedly. So it’s more accurate to say sexual assault than rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT