ADVERTISEMENT

So is Jameis finished in New Orleans?

People just repeating a VERY old narrative should just give it a rest. Andy Dalton can't get it done and he's not being replaced. There's more that we don't know and it has absolutely nothing to do with ability. Andy throws 3 INTs (2 pick sixes) and he's not benched. They only beat the Raiders because the Raiders are not a good team and they played their absolute worst when they went to NO. Last night also showed that Andy isn't the answer, but in the PC, Dennis A was beyond quick to deny that there was ever any thought at replacing the QB. I don't know if the Saints have decided to cash it in and hope for a high draft pick or what, but they are not playing Andy Dalton to ensure a win. That's for sure. Like @Raphael - MC - just hope that JW gets a real shot somewhere. Anywhere. He's still young and has a whole lot of talent that hasn't been properly cultivated or used.

Also -- I don't think for a minute that the OC in NO is any good at all. The loss of Sean Payton as a play caller is glaring -- no matter who is at QB.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Ok -- for those who are interested -- another article. Had no idea about Dennis Allan's tenure at Oakland and how similar it is to what is happening in NO.

Link

My hope is that he follows the Jim Plunkett script...a fellow Heisman Trophy winner, first pick in the 1971 draft, average if best start to his career with the Patriots, traded to the 49ers for a bucket of chicken, cut after a few injury-plagued seasons, signed by the Raiders as a free-agent, wins two Super Bowls with the Raiders, including being named Super Bowl XV MVP in 1980. Only QB in NFL history to win 2 Super Bowls and is not in Canton.

He is a bad coach for sure.
The way he's doubling down in his PC about using Dalton comes to mind. Also, the OC is not helping or doing him any favors. It's not working. Anyone can see that. Feel bad for JW. He deserved a chance. Again, wish he had gotten on the plane to Indianapolis.

Reactions: SteveT1
And, another 2 Int losing effort by Dalton and DA doubling down. I'm guessing they're now vying for the #1 draft pick (though they can't afford it). Personally, I think the OC sucks and even without JW, they might have won a game or two more if he was any good. They NEVER should have let Armstead leave the team. He kept that OL together. Without him, they have been mediocre, at best.

Watched the game yesterday , it seems personal at this point...There is no possible way Dalton can be considered a better option

Reactions: mlanton
Watched the game yesterday , it seems personal at this point...There is no possible way Dalton can be considered a better option
No way to know for sure, but I agree. There were games at the end of his Bucs career where he was 1. hurt and 2. knew the Bucs were looking elsewhere. He pressed. Pushed himself to play and then pressed -- which only amounted to turnovers. Fast forward to this season. He was so afraid to not play that he chose to play hurt (after game 1 against ATL) and then was unable to perform because he could barely move. He says (now) that he shouldn't have played. I agree. Where I think things really went South was an interview he did in London where he very pointedly showed he was angry about not being the starter. He was still hurt then, but of course, hadn't learned that lesson. Anyone who has watched JW as closely as I have for the entirety of his career would know that one thing that is very consistent is that in interviews and games, JW is all about Team and taking responsibility. Even when his OL has played like crap or WR's drop a bunch of passes, he always takes responsibility with the press and never really shows what's really going on. Always the consummate professional. Lots of guys in the NFL get on Social or in interviews and blast their coaches, etc. That's just not who JW is. But in London, he let a little of that out and you could tell he was bitter about Andy starting. From that day and until about a week ago, there was no interviews, no comments, nothing. These are just pieces I'm throwing out. I can't know what's in the head of Coach DA or the GM.

I can tell you that Andy won last week because the Rams aren't very good this year. Not even on D. Whenever he's played anyone with a pulse, he's lost. You probably can't do worse and yes, I think they should at least give JW a shot so he can try out for another team next year.

When the Saints (with zero cash in the bank) went after Watson, Jameis should have checked them off his list. He is a very loyal guy -- and it ends up biting him in the butt. A lot.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Can't fault Jameis for taking the $21,000,000 guaranteed.
Personally -- I believe Jameis cares more about actually playing. I think he was promised QB1 without Taysom Hill breathing down his neck. Little did he know, the very bad HC/OC duo would decide that the way to win games would be some combo of Dalton and Hill. smh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT