ADVERTISEMENT

So let me get this straight

jrgod44

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2012
Milton, FL
We start the season 0-4, no identity on offense, defense that could not stop Jacksonville State, and got gashed by Wake. We adjust on offense and go with Travis and a run first mindset with terrific running backs. We then rattle off 3 wins in a row and had the lead on Clemson with 6 mins to go in the 4th at their place where they haven’t lost since November of 2016 against a defense that is only topped by Georgia and maybe 1 other. All this with the same gaps in talent at critical positions on the field we had since game one and people are on here actually wanting to fire this guy and that guy and are pissed off because we lost a game no one would of picked us to win 3 weeks ago?

1). We have vastly improved over the last 4 weeks. Kids have bought into Norvell and what he is trying to establish and they do not quit

2). Yes Travis is not an elite passer, he is not the guy who is going to sit in the pocket and pick teams apart, certainly not one of the most elite defenses in college football. But guess what he is what we have right now. Do you honestly not believe if Norvell thought Purdy was ready for the spot light he wouldn’t be playing? Dude doesn’t strike me as a guy who doesn’t play the best players on the field. We need a great QB that can do everything, we know it, Norvell knows it but he isn’t pulling one out of his ass right now. He has one committed in this class and I am sure if he needs too he will be looking for one in the transfer portal.

3). Defensively we have glaring talent deficiencies at key positions, LB and certain spots in the secondary. We knew this and it hasn’t magically changed since game 1. Recruiting will be key here. But if you can’t see the improvement of our defense overall then you are blind. They held our opponent tonight to a score total low enough to win the football game. We do not have an elite defense and despite popular belief Clemson still has elite talent at several positions offensively. Our defense made plays tonight.

4). This program is heading in a positive direction for the first time in 4 years and people still want to bitch and complain because we ain’t beating teams soundly every week and we lose to a more talented team that we were leading deep into the 4th quarter. This is a 3 to 4 year rebuilding job, it always has been and I for one see the progress Norvell is making and the potential, and the foundation being laid.

These 17 and 18 year old recruits can see the progress and see what Norvell is trying to build and guess what? Those are the people we need to turn this program around. I am not happy we are 3-5 right now, I wanted to go to Death Valley and pull that game out but I also understand the process this is requiring and that change isn’t happening over night with the personnel we have at certain critical positions. Take a deep breath and understand what we are working with right now and support this Coach and this program. I am as aggravated as many of you but be realistic and positive for what’s being built right now. Sorry for such a long post but damn enough with the bs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News