So long, pardner

Bartdog

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2002
Jax
AAmezpL.img

Brent Musburger is retiring from sportscasting at age 77
Brent Musburger is calling an end to his broadcast career. Millions of Americans experienced sporting events through his folksy narration, most often when he was the lead voice of CBS Sports during the 1980s.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...asting-at-age-77/ar-AAmeBWa?OCID=ansmsnnews11
Sent from my Windows 10 phone

And don't forget the, "Whoa! She is beautiful!" during a game with Herbstreit.

Not a fan. Was never real knowledgeable and didn't do his homework. Won't ever forget his comment when we won the Natty. Something like FSU won but we'll never forget Auburn's magical season or some nonsense like that. That said, I don't wish him any ill will or health...

I think they are referring to a certain alum that got many posters banned by a particular bovine that has since been lost in a pasture.

*side note....this cold medicine is messing with my creativity....

Reactions: DFSNOLE and ericram
I always like Brent as he was one of the voices of my childhood in sports.

We met him at the ACC Championship game a few years ago and he was more than accommodating and friendly.

Enjoy your retirement Brent!

Reactions: rhurner
Now who will remind the viewers that is "time out" on the field when the network cuts to commercial?

I won't miss him. He always thought himself to be clever when he really wasn't. I especially hated his reference to GA Tech players as "the rambling wreck". Yes it's part of the fight song, but they are the Yellow Jackets.

I won't miss him. He always thought himself to be clever when he really wasn't. I especially hated his reference to GA Tech players as "the rambling wreck". Yes it's part of the fight song, but they are the Yellow Jackets.
Had a family friend who was a grad and employed by Tech for many years. Hardcore alum. He seemed to like me referring to them as the wreck. They actually have a rambling wreck old car that they roll out at certain functions and parades. A lot of history behind the reference. So I defer to him. To each their own.

As for Brent....and I have no problem with people liking him or not..... but I'll aways remember in the early amazing glory years of BB as FSU rose Brent was one of the few who believed that FSU was real and said so. So I always liked the guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT