ADVERTISEMENT

So no HS football in North Carolina.

captain3jack

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2004
The major governing body for high school sports in North Carolina, the NCHSAA, announced on Wednesday that it was postponing the football season. Football in North Carolina will now start in early February but many of the state’s top 2021 prospects will already be in college.

No way the UNC schools will play once the political pressure mounts.

Not a big impact from a football standpoint obviously but they have some clout in the Basketball relm. Basketball isn't mentioned but the sports that are being shut down are both unfortunate and obvious in that that they don't generate revenue. Expect more of this around the country.

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2020/8/12/golf-big-east-announces-fall-sports-postponement.aspx

Cliffs:

• The sports affected are: men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country, volleyball and field hockey. Sports that are not sponsored by the BIG EAST Conference are not affected.

• The fall competition for sports in their non-traditional seasons, which includes baseball, softball, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s lacrosse and men’s and women’s tennis, will not be held.

The major governing body for high school sports in North Carolina, the NCHSAA, announced on Wednesday that it was postponing the football season. Football in North Carolina will now start in early February but many of the state’s top 2021 prospects will already be in college.

The NC governor is an idiot. He has had the state shut down in a partial phase 2 reopening, since May 5. He just confirmed another 5 weeks of shutdown. So many small businesses are going to fail in NC. He will put as much pressure as possible, on cancelling all college football in his state.

Last edited:
The NC governor is an idiot. He has had the state shut down in a partial phase 2 reopening, since May 5. He just confirmed another 5 weeks of shutdown. So many small businesses are going to fail in NC. He will put as much pressure as possible, on cancelling all college football in his state.

i agree with you 100% this governor has been acting ridiculous towards the shutdown

Do you live in NC? I do. Governor is doing a nice job trying to balance Covid and preventing business carnage. Too bad for these kids but it is what it is.

Politically driven BS.

Do you live in NC? I do. Governor is doing a nice job trying to balance Covid and preventing business carnage. Too bad for these kids but it is what it is.
I don't live in NC, but that explains your opinion on most things. He is an idiot, whether I live there or not

Reactions: pauldNole
It wouldn't surprise me if some of these teams are waiting til the last minute to bail...... in order to mess up the league....
Yeah. Very possible this is what happened in the B10. If the B10 did this back in July you know OSU, UM, PSU, Nebraska, Iowa, etc would have more time to have their lawyers work around the clock for the basis for leaving.

Reactions: goldmom
Florida is supposed to make a decision Friday. One projection is to start the season in December which sounds crazy to me.

I don't live in NC, but that explains your opinion on most things. He is an idiot, whether I live there or not
My living in NC and knowing what is happening on the ground here in Raleigh explains my opinion on most things? Child please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT