ADVERTISEMENT

So, when does it all end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaap

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2001
I look at my Warchant Tribal Council page and all of a sudden see a whole bunch of threads about renaming the football stadium. I think the World is going crazy after a four month lockdown and telling people to stay inside. Now someone wants to rename the football stadium because the man had ideas that are not of our time, so we say. Why are we called Americans? I am sure that if we look up the history of Mr Vespucci, we will find things about him that are unacceptable and objectionable in our time. Plus, is naming two continents after this man not dishonoring the people who already lived here?
The name Tallahassee means Old Town or Abandoned Fields in an Appalachian Indian language. Two very different things in my opinion ,but not where I am going with this. The question is , what was the name given to this area by the people who got displaced by the indians who arrived later. And who did they displace before that? Shouldn’t we be using the naming this area by the term used by the first people who ever settled here?
Now we need to rename the stadium ,because we don’ t like something about Mr. Campell.
We may as well rename everything with this approach. It is called History. Maybe we should just do away with history, because it is wrought with things we don’t like

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News