ADVERTISEMENT

Some Information I have...

Da_Dynasty64

Veteran Seminole Insider
Sep 1, 2006
Just be careful what you read as facts regarding the situation. There are a lot of things in play and it's not just one thing. I think Dot's has played it well with giving you what he can and when he can. I'm sure he will give you all the background once this is over.

Now I'm going to sum this all up at a very high level from what I've been told. I don't think it's breaking news to anyone but just wanted to pass along some things.

I'm not going to pretend like I have all the details, this one is different with what people in the know really know. Jimbo wants full control to run his program how he wants. All HC's want that. Very few get that and even 90% of CFB coaches don't even get what Jimbo has now. He wants a box of blank checks to write when, how, and for whatever he wants to better the program. His intentions are good, it will better FSU and allow us to keep up facility wise with teams like Bama and Clemson. Everyone at FSU wants the program to be successful. Jimbo feels there is too much red tape he has to go through to get approved and funded for things he feels FSU needs to keep up (this is all the Andy Miller and Jimbo talk that has come to the fore front over the last few days). Jimbo typically gets what he wants, with compromise, but he feels he doesn't get it at the ease and pace he should and he wants to change that to where it is less push back and questions asked. We do not have the long tradition as some of these power houses with unlimited funds. We can't give Jimbo a unlimited check book and tell him to have at it. It will take us time to come up with funds and by then Jimbo feels that a $60M football only complex will no longer be the new thing and unless he has a unlimited amount to spend we will always be playing catchup. FSU has tried to compromise but he doubled down with the Tx A&M offer to get what he wants and FSU called his bluff. Now we are where we are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News