ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts

WayneMcGaheeIII

Starter
Silver Member
Aug 1, 2022
1. I think FSU finally has a solid wide receiver group to play with. Pittman and Wilson both dropped TDs (not great), but they also made big time plays to extend drives, blocking, and were critical to FSU winning this game. Pokey was fantastic, and I couldn't be happier for him after everything he's been through here.

2. The OL is so much improved that they're basically unrecognizable. Atkins has done an incredible job with development and how they flipped the room.

3. The play calling was on point. I didn't mind the 4th down fade call. It was there for the taking and Pittman just didn't execute. The pitch was dumb as hell. Outside of that play, I thought FSU called a beautiful game.

4. Jared Verse is a bad dude. He, along with the rest of the defensive line, showed out last night. Need to play a bit more under control and not lose contain like they did sometimes, but overall, the DL got after it.

5. LB play was so damn good. Bethune and DeLoach both played like bad asses last night.

6. Ryan Fitzgerald is going to cost FSU a game at some point this season.

7. Wyatt Rector is a special teams monster.

8. I thought Akeem Dent (outside of the BS roughing call) played very well. Really glad to see him stepping into the safety role and making it work.

9. Lose by a lot, lose by a little, win by a little, win by a lot. Sure seems like stage 3 is here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News