ADVERTISEMENT

Song for Saturday.......Wipe Out

thejourney

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2021
I was a longtime member of another forum where I posted a weekly song about the upcoming game. It seemed to be popular, so I'm going to see if i get any traction here. First up is a classic hit spawned from the California beach sound of the early 60's. The California sound evoked a sunny optimism that reflected the era and the area. As a Nole fan, if you can't find it in you to be optimistic about the 1st game of the season after a looong nine months of nothing, especially when it is at home and versus a cupcake??? Annette and Fabian spent their time worrying about bikinis, surfing, suntanning and working on their hot rod. We fans have equally unimpressive worries against the Mighty Dukes. As the song title implies, I'm expecting a wipe out :)

Rule #1 for game #1.....keep it simple. This song has no lyrics, so you get extra time to practice the basics. Watch the dueling drummers and how they work together and feed off of each other's success. This is what I want to see from the offensive line. Get into a unified rhythm and beat that drum until the other team lays down and quits. The three guitars are Ward, Benson and Taofili . Follow the lead of your drums young men!! Start off with mesmerizing, repetitive chords and then BAM.... break off a riff that goes the distance.

The California sound eventually evolved into more nuanced and sophisticated music in the late 60's and touched on the heavier themes of the Vietnam War and social injustice. We're still in the "Beach Blanket Bingo" part of our schedule though, so kick back and grab your surfboard and enjoy watching the other guy Wipe Out !!

57-3 Noles ....seven TD's (one by the D), two FG's and a safety (as long as the weather plays along ;) ) Defense just misses their 1st shutout since 2015 :(

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News