ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming services

valdostanole89

Contributor
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
What’s the best service? Hulu, sling? I currently have Netflix and dish network trying to cut dish. What says you?

YouTube TV has been the best I’ve found

Unlimited DVR, ACCN, etc

About every month someone asks this question. I have HULU and it works for us. But, what I would do is sign up for the free trials and try each of them out. Also part of your decision is going to be what channels they have. HULU also has a pretty large movie and TV library you can access. So, take a look at them with the free trials, compare channels and movie libraries which should lead you to your decision.

Hulu Live ticked me off. In August of 2019 I paid $35.99 dollars plus taxes, which brought it to about $43.00 per month. By August 2020 the same service was $55.00 plus taxes and they just raised it again in February 2021 to $75.99, so about $83 with taxes. So, in less than 1 1/2 years it has gone up over double the price.

Hulu Live ticked me off. In August of 2019 I paid $35.99 dollars plus taxes, which brought it to about $43.00 per month. By August 2020 the same service was $55.00 plus taxes and they just raised it again in February 2021 to $75.99, so about $83 with taxes. So, in less than 1 1/2 years it has gone up over double the price.

They all did that............

I have att&t new streaming service. Tons of channels including hbo. Actually right now I have all the premium channels but they will probably go away in 3 months but hbo will stay. The whole bundle for 117 TV internet and land phone

I have FuboTV because I get Houston’s local sports network that no other streaming service offered. I have been pleased with FuboTV so far. I made the switch from YouTubeTV

YouTube TV all the way! Price did go about a while back, but moved from cable to then and have never looked back. It is actually better than cable.

What’s the best service? Hulu, sling? I currently have Netflix and dish network trying to cut dish. What says you?
I have used Youtube TV and currently use Hulu. Both are okay and both have the ACCN. However, they both dumped the Regional Sports Networks last year and now can't watch the Rays games. Also missed one of the BB Games this year because it was on the RSN. Not having the RSNs is a big problem for these streaming services.

Same thing happened to me.

I dumped ‘em.

Reactions: Noles61
Check out Vidgo. I ditched YoutubeTV because they kept raising their rates every three months. Been pleased with Vidgo so far.
I’ve had YouTube TV for a while now and they raised their prices once. And it was when the other top streaming services raised their prices too... Hulu & Netflix

I went from Hulu to You Tube TV and prefer the latter. Unlimited cloud dvr And a couple channels Hulu didn’t have. But I kept Hulu on Demand. It’s a good value considering its library.

Exact reason why we went back to regular cable. It was cheaper.
These streaming services have priced themselves out of the market for what in some instances is an inferior product.

Exact reason why we went back to regular cable. It was cheaper.
These streaming services have priced themselves out of the market for what in some instances is an inferior product.

Yep. I'm to the point, if it weren't for FSU sports, I not sure I would have anything more than basic internet just to use my computer for purchases and paying bills. I mostly watch reruns anyway, I could easily live without them.

I’ve had YouTube TV for a while now and they raised their prices once. And it was when the other top streaming services raised their prices too... Hulu & Netflix
I ditched them when they went higher than cable. YoutubeTV is $65/mo now. Vidgo is $39/mo and has a better channel lineup to us. All we really watch are sports and Discovery owned channels. Vidgo is the one for sports channels.

I have ATT now for it is the only steaming app left that has fox regional sports channel. Without that channel I don't get a majority of the Braves game and that is a large percentage of my TV watching. The price is close to the fiber cable in town and they have a streaming app too which allows one from not having to rent the boxes. I may end up going back to them sometime soon.

Our household is happy with YouTubeTV although I probably look at YouTube more - I enjoy the boating/sailing/history/world travel material there.

be aware of any internet data caps (and excess fees) you might have before jumping into a streaming service. i'd also recommend visiting thestreamable.com and lookup the channels most important to you and the services that provide/stream them.

https://thestreamable.com/

My issues with YTTV....

1) the parental controls are just awful.

2) I think the guide royally sucks.

3) I absolutely HATE that I can't click a 'previous channel' button on my remote.

4) the DVR is good, but it still doesn't record every fsu game, if it isn't coded as a 'sport'. If it is coded as an event...I'll not get it recorded. Annoying.

5) no rays or lightning channel this is a huge issue. (now is Bally Sports Sun channel)

6) it isn't THAT competitively priced.

Outside of these things, I like it.

IPTV. Anyone have any experiences? Seems almost too good to be true.

They don't really tell you what the content is other than 10000 channels, lol. I wonder if this is like the jail broken firestick I bought many years ago. You had to click through hundreds of movie files to find the English version. Spending a hour clicking through files from China was not for me lol. If you try this out, let us know what you experience and think.

Reactions: ChiefWB and GbrNole
I have had Hulu Live and Youtube TV. Like YoutubeTV a lot better, less lagging.

Wish one would add the regional sports networks. We also get MLBtv to watch the Braves but the games are blacked out when they play the Marlins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT