ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid bumper stickers

runkpanole

Seminole Insider
Nov 17, 2002
On my morning run to Starbucks this morning, I saw a car with two bumper stickers. "I love my wife" and "I love my family." These rank up there with stick figures for me. Really any bumper sticker, but why put something like this on your car? It reminds me of the Chris Rock line in one of his stand up shows talking about a dad who feeds his kids. You are supposed to love your wife and family.

Give me yours.

Redundant thread title.

The Chris Rock quotes:

"I take care of my kids." You're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids!
"I ain't never been to jail." You're NOT SUPPOSED to go to jail!

Reactions: dmm5157
During the mortgage crisis, I loved this one "honk if I'm paying your mortgage".

This one, I thought sucked, a buddy of mine bought me a " 2013 Eastern Conference Champions" bumper sticker for the Boston Bruins. Why would I put a "we finished in 2nd place" bumper sticker on my car?

Stick figure people and pets are the worse. Technically not a bumper sticker but I can't stand them.

During the mortgage crisis, I loved this one "honk if I'm paying your mortgage".

This one, I thought sucked, a buddy of mine bought me a " 2013 Eastern Conference Champions" bumper sticker for the Boston Bruins. Why would I put a "we finished in 2nd place" bumper sticker on my car?

Jeez, that sounds like something you'd buy to razz a buddy after your team beats his for the Championship

Stick figure people and pets are the worse. Technically not a bumper sticker but I can't stand them.

People bitch about this one a lot, what is it that is vexing?

I've never see a car with a 'Buy Local' bumper sticker that didn't have at least three other bumper stickers. Never.

If I had the means, I'd like to conduct a study on the relation between number of political/social/religious bumper stickers on a car, and the likelihood for poor mental health.

On the westside of Jax, you're likely to see some real wackadoodles too. I remember parking next to one that had all these magnetic signs all over their car with Bible verses on them, maybe 6-8 big ones, and not the fluffy verses either, the really heavy 'you're going to burn for eternity in hell' ones.

Although, I did see a bumper sticker recently that was the first one I thought was funny enough for me to even think about getting and putting on my car. It said something political and clever.

Bad: "In Case of Rapture: Car Will Be Unmanned"

Good: "Horn Broken, Watch For Finger"

Best: "In Case of Rapture: Horn Broken, Watch For Finger"

The best response I have seen to those is 0.0
While I found it funny the first time I saw one, IMO its similar to getting one of those "My dog is smarter than your honor student" stickers.

in-loving-memory-heart-angel2.jpg

paul_walker_rip_fast_and_furious_sticker_1.jpg

On my morning run to Starbucks this morning, I saw a car with two bumper stickers. "I love my wife" and "I love my family." These rank up there with stick figures for me. Really any bumper sticker, but why put something like this on your car? It reminds me of the Chris Rock line in one of his stand up shows talking about a dad who feeds his kids. You are supposed to love your wife and family.

Give me yours.
Every time I see a bumper sticker that says "I Love My Wife" I can't help but think that he was caught cheating on his wife and she took him back. Now she has him on a short leash and has to put that bumper sticker on his car and sit through countless "Real Housewives" marathons with his wife to keep her from divorcing him and taking half his crap. .

Reactions: tommynole3476
I like the massive RIP narratives you see spread across the rear windows of vehicles. Not sure what the point of that is.

Every time I see a bumper sticker that says "I Love My Wife" I can't help but think that he was caught cheating on his wife and she took him back. Now she has him on a short leash and has to put that bumper sticker on his car and sit through countless "Real Housewives" marathons with his wife to keep her from divorcing him and taking half his crap. .
This is probably spot on, but I wouldn't rule out the reverse; that the guy caught his wife and she convinced him it was his fault she cheated, and now he's overcompensating to prevent her from sleeping with anyone else (which isn't working either).

No bumper stickers on our two vehicles. I think 99.9% of them are stupid.....but to each his/her own I guess.

I don't have any on my cars. We do have a bunch of national park, etc stickers on our Thule - which is only on the SUV when we're on a trip.

I don't hate these bumper stickers or window stickers, I just think they're incredibly naïve are the "My Kid is an Honor Roll Student At......" and the baseball/football/soccer stickers w/ the kids names on them. Nice way to advertise to the monsters that exist in this world where your kids go to school and that they play a sport in the general vicinity.

There's too many sick effers out there that can find out enough information that would make your skin crawl, license plate number, make and model of car, kids names, school they attend........

Reactions: runkpanole
I don't hate these bumper stickers or window stickers, I just think they're incredibly naïve are the "My Kid is an Honor Roll Student At......" and the baseball/football/soccer stickers w/ the kids names on them. Nice way to advertise to the monsters that exist in this world where your kids go to school and that they play a sport in the general vicinity.

There's too many sick effers out there that can find out enough information that would make your skin crawl, license plate number, make and model of car, kids names, school they attend........
Wow, you worry too much.

Wow, you worry too much.

Nah, I just grew up in a law enforcement family and currently work closely w/ the state attorney's offices and local police officers. The sh!t these deviants do to get info for their perversions will make you sick. One of them is getting information that parent's freely give on their vehicles.

No bumper stickers on our two vehicles. I think 99.9% of them are stupid.....but to each his/her own I guess.

I see a few every once and while that make me chuckle, but I can't see putting one on a car. Don't want to deal with it at resale, and like tattoos, it's hard for me to think of one that wouldn't just be a regret after a few months.

Stick figures(even Star Wars ones or animal ones) drive me crazy. I have no idea why but I immediately judge those people, guilty.

30A.

Bumper stickers, like vanity plates, are a bad idea. Makes it easier for witnesses to identify your vehicle.
Stickers go on the beer fridge in the garage, not my vehicle.

30A.

Bumper stickers, like vanity plates, are a bad idea. Makes it easier for witnesses to identify your vehicle.
Stickers go on the beer fridge in the garage, not my vehicle.
There are vanity plates that make it more difficult to identify your vehicle...

WMWVWM was an excellent one for that.

I recall seeing a sticker recently that said essentially, if you are a member of a particular U.S. political party, then you are responsible for the downfall of the country. I wondered how my relatives who served in the army, air force, and coast guard and were members of that party would have felt about that. Just reinforces for me the stupidity of most bumper sticker philosophy.

"The elevator man always gets it up" saw that on a work truck today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT