ADVERTISEMENT

Summerbrooke Golf Club

HilltopperNole

Seminole Insider
Jun 23, 2015
Anybody play here recently? Wanting to play somewhere I've never played before and this popped up on Golf Now.

I know it was in rough shape at one point and thought it closed for a bit too?

Course in Quincy popped up as well. My Dad used to love playing there but it has been a while.

Reactions: noleone99
Haven’t played Summerbrooke since last year but it’s never in that great of condition IMO. Of course some holes better than others. Are you open to other options? Cheap golf, pricier golf? Love Seminole and Southwood. Not sure when Seminole goes under construction though. I haven’t played Quincy in years but always enjoy that course. For cheap Hilaman is usually decent but haven’t been there in a little while either...

Quincy was always a lot of fun to play. Summerbrooke to me was different than most course around the area because there was a good bit of elevation change on holes and so narrow. Wildwood down in Wakulla was fun and affordable.

Trying to stay a little on the cheaper side. Have played Hillaman and always enjoyed it. Leaning towards either Seminole or Quincy.

Trying to stay a little on the cheaper side. Have played Hillaman and always enjoyed it. Leaning towards either Seminole or Quincy.
Seminole is my favorite, when it’s not slam packed. Quincy probably cheaper than Seminole I’d think, and less busy.

Anybody play here recently? Wanting to play somewhere I've never played before and this popped up on Golf Now.

I know it was in rough shape at one point and thought it closed for a bit too?

Course in Quincy popped up as well. My Dad used to love playing there but it has been awhile.
It's a pretty fun course to play in my opinion, although narrow. You will lose some balls there for sure but I always enjoy it.

Many years ago Summerbrooke had a cool layout, decent fairways and the crappiest greens within a hundred miles. Always under repair or being aerated with big dry spots. Absolute garbage.

Many years ago Summerbrooke had a cool layout, decent fairways and the crappiest greens within a hundred miles. Always under repair or being aerated with big dry spots. Absolute garbage.
The best stretch of holes (and probably toughest) IMO is the par 3 over the huge ravine that unfortunately was/is the worst green of the 18. Then the following dogleg left short par 4. After that the sorta ”Sawgrassesque” par 3 with water surrounding majority of green. Agree with you on the layout. Kenny Knox, I’m pretty sure, had a part in redoing the greens years ago. For whatever that’s worth.

Never heard that course mentioned before. Where is it located?
Take North Monroe to Havana, just past "downtown" on the left. About 20-25 minutes from the North Monroe I-10 exit.

Another fun 9-hole course is Jefferson County CC which is just north of Monticello. I think it may be private/semi-private but I haven't played there in a few years.

Summerbrooke has come along ways over the last two years. I played there last weekend. They had just aerated the greens, but it wasn't to bad. A tee box or 2 was a little rough.

Summerbrooke has come along ways over the last two years. I played there last weekend. They had just aerated the greens, but it wasn't to bad. A tee box or 2 was a little rough.

I played there back in the fall and it was in pretty good shape. It has definitely improved a lot over the past few years. It is a tough course, especially if you are not very good and play infrequently (like me). It is pretty easy to get a good tee time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT