ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Ticket fo' Free

NYCNole

Star Player
Apr 1, 2002
The annual call to DTV for NFL Sunday Ticket price reduction is here. I just received ST for free along with $15 off per month for 12 months & Showtime/HBO for 3 months. I have been with DTV since 2002 so loyalty credits have been accumulated.

1. Ask for you agreement end date, this is key. If agreement is over, offers will vary from $20-30 off per month.
2. Request to schedule service disconnection.
3. Don't be shy to ask. I already had other credits and they still piled on more.
4. If offers are low, set the cancellation date and the following day DTV e-mails a call center number in which great offers are available.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
I did this on Friday and used the "when does my agreement end" approach, which seemed to work. They knocked off $50 per month and I got HBO and Showtime for free for 6 months.

The funny thing is, I actually was trying to find out when my agreement was ending because I wanted to know how much I would have to pay in termination fees so I could switch to Dish. So I guess I found out that approach by accident.

I called last week and took the approach of... I know you don't like being yelled at, I like everything about the service except the price and she gave me everything she had the power to. She literally checked every freakin discount, credit, etc. she could for me.

I just called dtv twice. First time I tried the guy said $10 off for 6 months was the best he could do. I said, ok, remove the nfl package and I'll call back if I change my mind. I then called right back, said the same thing and the next guy offered the package for free (1 year contract extension) PLUS $30 off per month for 12 months.

Not sure why I got such different responses but I'll take it!

Our contract expires in October. Hope I can get a decent deal to stay.

Ours is up in December. I figured I would take the discount they were offering right now and wait it out until then.

I looked at it this way. I'm still getting a nice reduction in my bill and, by waiting until December, I won't have to pay ETF fees, even though it would be less than 100 bucks at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT