ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating?

noleram1

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2004
New York, NY
sorry if posted recently but any updates on if Tailgating will return at all this season?

was thinking of coming for one of the last games

curious if its for sure dead all season or any chance for return this year

Word on the street was we were going to get it back for UNC. Then thrasher got Covid. I mean college town is a booster owned deal and it’s shoulder to shoulder in there.

Reactions: Smileynole
sorry if posted recently but any updates on if Tailgating will return at all this season?

was thinking of coming for one of the last games

curious if its for sure dead all season or any chance for return this year

Desantis has removed all restrictions after Covid was controlled , so we should see tailgating soon.

What I think -

In the current circumstance, unfortunately, large-scale tailgating is a reckless activity that endangers others.

We might be able to get back to it in a year or two if there is an effective vaccine until then let's be prudent.

Reactions: rpcfsu
Nothing less than going to a bar or restaurant before the game, owned by the boosters. But I feel for the restaurant folks and will continue to do my part to help.

I think tailgating is a lot safer than forcing people into restaurants and bars to watch games and eat. If I can't tailgate, then I am just going to go elsewhere to eat and drink. That elsewhere would be indoors.

I think tailgating is a lot safer than forcing people into restaurants and bars to watch games and eat. If I can't tailgate, then I am just going to go elsewhere to eat and drink. That elsewhere would be indoors.

yea seems silly to restrict something that can safely be spaced outdoors vs having people pack in bars

Reactions: primetime13
I think it’s almost entirely optics. FSU doesn’t want to be the one school allowing tailgating and then you see footage on CNN of packed tailgate lots and people playing flip cup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT