ADVERTISEMENT

Tamarindo, C.R.

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Looks like we are going to Costa Rica for a friends birthday. He's renting a house in Tamarindo and we are flying into Liberia, CR. Never been to this part of the country. Seems pretty tropical and remote, which is cool. Anyone been? Cool things to do? Looks like the sport fishing is pretty good.

Last time I went it was starting to like the 'burbs. Neat little area though. There are a few bars if you're into nightlife and it's isolated enough that you can easily get away from it all if you want. Decent amount of euro ex-pats so there was a good variety of bars and restaurants in town.

Been there several times but not in the last 5 years as I've stayed in different parts of the country. Pretty chill surf town that has become a lot more touristy over the years. I enjoyed surfing there and a buddy of mine went fishing near there and had a good time. Other activities in the area are horseback riding on the beach, zipline, white water rafting. No shortage of restaurants and bars. I liked it but last few years have been to Nosara as it is less crowded and better surfing.

Pretty safe area but watch out for petty crimes like pick pocketing, breaking into car, taking belongings off beach....never has happened to me but just store valuables out of view in car, have someone stay with stuff on the beach, etc.

Blue Marlin Bar is fun.....but in San Jose....if not with wife or girlfriend, Blue Marlin and Key Largo are fun in San Jose and Jaco has the Beetle Bar and other strip club/brothels with some nice honies.

Pura Vida

Its become way more touristy..still alot of fun..lots of bars and restaurants. Great fishing and surfing though but if you're hanging out in town its not really any different than hanging in Destin or Ft Walton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT