ADVERTISEMENT

TCU/SMU cancelled

Wow. It’s just frightening how random this thing is.
I have HBP controlled with meds as well. And I’m older than your friend. 😦
Read an article today about why some do OK while it hits some with a vengeance. The article was a bit to technical for me, but seemed to say no one has figured that out yet. It referenced Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson. Both caught it from same person and came down with it at the same time. He has diabetes, she seemed to be in good health. He came through it with mild or moderate symptomes. It hit her real hard. We still have four grandkids in school here in Santa Rosa County. The two youngest live with us. Hearing several stories about the virus going around. Our oldest granddaughter was a Milton Cheerleader last year before graduation. She told us the Cheer team this Year was quareened the first week of school. My wife and I Take This thing very seriously.

Unreal!!! So basically 10% of the positive cases had a viral load to be contagious or spread the virus? How is this not all over the MSM??? That is like inflating a test to get the results you want??? So if I want it to be positive just amplify the test multiple times to get enough genetic matter to pop a positive and for it to be negative maybe not amplify??? We all can see the numbers are lets say, questionable at best, but to have the tests (cases) that can be manipulated or amplified to push an increase in positive cases that's like digging for water, dig deep enough you'll eventually hit it. Thanks for sharing the article. I'm awake!!!:)
I have been trying to share this with people and many just dismiss me saying I am a right wing conspiracy theorist. People need to wake up and see this is all propaganda.

Here is the rest of the New York Times article since I can't get it to link properly...

I don’t understand the 14 days. Is that with a positive test? We are directed that seeing patients with positive tests 10 days after symptoms is a go. I’d be interested to know what 14 days follows.
14 days is a standard answer for coming in contact with or being in a household with a positive case. At least that is what we are rolling with in my school district at the moment. Ours is coming from our health department recommendations.

It’s going to be hard for normality to win against this propaganda war. Not saying COVID isn’t real, but if folks were really following the latest science football would not be as threatened by this. I can see football grinding to halt before long, so all we can hope for is to see at least a couple of Nole games this season.
Dude, everything is "propaganda" depending on which lens your viewing from. I think possible heart issues are serious enough for players and their parents to have concern about playing. I think what we're seeing play out is that a lot of people have been willfully ignorant to the reality of how complicated this is. And now that we're running into the inevitable quarantine/contact tracing issues, some are struggling to understand. This was always going to be difficult, especially with less frequent testing.

It’s going to be hard for normality to win against this propaganda war. Not saying COVID isn’t real, but if folks were really following the latest science football would not be as threatened by this. I can see football grinding to halt before long, so all we can hope for is to see at least a couple of Nole games this season.
Calling it a "propoganda war" is a real problem.
The same thing happened in 1918 btw, but eventually, science and rationale won, people adapted, and the pandemic was conquered.

That’s why I didn’t get that do we have to wear a mask thread. We are still in a pandemic rather. Just because people decided it was over for them doesn’t mean that it is over. Good news is everything I’m hearing our players are being smart and they realize what is at stake.

Tennessee’s outbreak started with a a football player house party. Talk about irresponsible.

That's why outbreaks are inevitable. You can't lock the kids up like you can with the pros in hotels. Kids are gonna be kids.

I highly doubt anything serious is gonna happen to any player, but if outbreaks are gonna cancel games this season is gonna be a disaster.

Reactions: goldmom
Calling it a "propoganda war" is a real problem.
The same thing happened in 1918 btw, but eventually, science and rationale won, people adapted, and the pandemic was conquered.

Yeah, but I bet they didn’t attribute unrelated deaths to the Spanish flu in 1918. Something is seriously wrong in this country and it is way more than COVID. One of our problems is calling it science without the science to back it up.

This is worrisome with FSU's testing 3 times per week, with one on Friday. Many of us will be locked into a hotel, and the road, and they could cancel on a Friday. Would prefer Thursday testing. I've asked one Air BNB and they won't waive the deposit if the game is canceled. Thanks...

This is worrisome with FSU's testing 3 times per week, with one on Friday. Many of us will be locked into a hotel, and the road, and they could cancel on a Friday. Would prefer Thursday testing. I've asked one Air BNB and they won't waive the deposit if the game is canceled. Thanks...
Well we should just stick around and party?
Bladder Burst at the Phyrst?

Of the 11,000+ cases at colleges and universities not a single one has resulted in a hospitalization.
Exactly... Basically canceling games and seasons for a virus with a 98% survival rating that has little to no effect on younger people.

Wife got a 103 fever out of the blue last night. Headaches too. She went and got a test this morning. We should know tonight or in the morning. I’ve got her locked in the bedroom with our 1 year old who is also running low grade fever.

Wife got a 103 fever out of the blue last night. Headaches too. She went and got a test this morning. We should know tonight or in the morning. I’ve got her locked in the bedroom with our 1 year old who is also running low grade fever.

Start the hot tea and soups now. hoping for the best for you all.

Reactions: FSUDoles

All my best....hang in there.

Of the 11,000+ cases at colleges and universities not a single one has resulted in a hospitalization.

Bro, do you even Google? First result shows you're full of stuff.

And while students GENERALLY do not require hospitalization, your timeline from school start dates doesn't exactly allow for incubation periods. Chill with the zero stuff.

Yes, you are correct and look at this article in the New York Times saying we in the USA use a more strict version of the test which causes a much higher positive rate.
"The PCR test amplifies genetic matter from the virus in cycles; the fewer cycles required, the greater the amount of virus, or viral load, in the sample. The greater the viral load, the more likely the patient is to be contagious.

This number of amplification cycles needed to find the virus, called the cycle threshold, is never included in the results sent to doctors and coronavirus patients, although it could tell them how infectious the patients are.

In three sets of testing data that include cycle thresholds, compiled by officials in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada, up to 90 percent of people testing positive carried barely any virus, a review by The Times found.

On Thursday, the United States recorded 45,604 new coronavirus cases, according to a database maintained by The Times. If the rates of contagiousness in Massachusetts and New York were to apply nationwide, then perhaps only 4,500 of those people may actually need to isolate and submit to contact tracing."
I tested positive quarantined, retested negative and then followed that up with 2 positives and a positive antibody test. Had to wait another week to retest negative. 2 day headache was all I dealt with. This thing is a fickle beast and I’m hesitant to call it a beast, but I’m just glad we have faster access to testing now. I’ll just say, being well and under quarantine sucks. Not an opinion. Lived it.

I can’t imagine these players, most of whom are not even going to know they have anything being stuck on the sidelines. Sad reality we are living in right now.

Had it. Vitamin C and Zinc was very helpful for us. Praying for the best for you.

Yeah, but I bet they didn’t attribute unrelated deaths to the Spanish flu in 1918. Something is seriously wrong in this country and it is way more than COVID. One of our problems is calling it science without the science to back it up.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but none of the deaths in 1918-1919 were proven to be due to Spanish Flu. There was no way to test for it. The science didn't exist. We didn't even know about DNA, much less were we able to test for it. Certainly, the accuracy of COVID testing is better than it was for Spanish influenza, b/c there was no testing. It was all based on symptoms.

Reactions: kcdtx
I certainly hope I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling that we may not get through the season before it gets canceled. Again, I truly hope I am wrong. I would love to see and pray for a COVID free season for everyone.

My cousin who is a freshman at FSU caught covid within 10 days of being on campus. it will be a miracle if the team doesn't get hit at some point this season

As for his health he is fine. Some minor cold like symptoms but not even a tempature

Not sure if you're joking or not, but none of the deaths in 1918-1919 were proven to be due to Spanish Flu. There was no way to test for it. The science didn't exist. We didn't even know about DNA, much less were we able to test for it. Certainly, the accuracy of COVID testing is better than it was for Spanish influenza, b/c there was no testing. It was all based on symptoms.

Our current science mixed with politics is confusing at best and I know you know what I mean. You have a scientist to validate whatever you want validated.

Reactions: goldmom
Reminder: OP was wrong about college hospitalizations, now this:
College football player Jamain Stephens dies at age 20 of COVID-19 complications
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ens-dies-at-age-20-of-covid-19-complications/

Welp the story has been updated and the number is still ZERO

Jamain Stephens, a football player at California University of Pennsylvania and the son of a former Steelers first round-draft pick, has died at the age of 20 of what was initially described as COVID-19 complications but was later said to be unconfirmed.

UPDATE 8:49 p.m. ET: Stephens’ high school, which initially announced that he had died of complications of COVID-19, now says the cause of death is unconfirmed.

NBC Sports: College football player Jamain Stephens dies at age 20

The death of Jamain Stephens, a 20-year-old college football player at California University of Pennsylvania, gained particular attention because his high school announced that he died of COVID-19 complications. His school now says his cause of death is unconfirmed.

“When we heard the news of Jamain Stephens’ death, we as a community were devastated,” Central Catholic High School said in a statement. “He was well loved by everyone in our community, and in an effort to get the news out about his death in a timely manner, we mistakenly attributed his death without official confirmation on cause of death. We had obtained the information about his passing from close friends of Jamain, who reached out to us with the news. We apologize for this error, and this information has since been removed from our Facebook announcement dated 9/8/2020. At this time, we do not have official confirmation on his cause of death.”

Bro, do you even Google? First result shows you're full of stuff.

And while students GENERALLY do not require hospitalization, your timeline from school start dates doesn't exactly allow for incubation periods. Chill with the zero stuff.

Also from the linked article:

The student is suspected to have multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C), Kelly said.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevent, researchers do not know what causes MIS-C, though many diagnosed with it had the virus that causes COVID-19, or had been around someone with the virus.

So clearly we definitely know that this student was hospitalized "because of COVID-19." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Because it could be a plethora of reasons. Talk about being disingenuous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deerfuel2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT