ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Ideas

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
If you had the skill set and capital. What type of tech company would start, and why?

nmhqHrgFDYTCnhUjrYRgfDqtZ6ZVZyt836zCRz20TV4.gif

I would create a Financial system that would have self learning capability to keep up with market trends and events. It would invest for you and grow your capital. Once a person purchased the product it is theirs. No one will be required to pay a monthly fee or a percentage of profits. You invest as much or as little as you want and let the machine do the leg work for you.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
I would create a Financial system that would have self learning capability to keep up with market trends and events. It would invest for you and grow your capital. Once a person purchased the product it is theirs. No one will be required to pay a monthly fee or a percentage of profits. You invest as much or as little as you want and let the machine do the leg work for you.

Interesting...would it be subscribtion based?

Reactions: Random_John
Interesting...would it be subscribtion based?

I feel like it would have to be. If the client stops paying (cancellation/stop payment) the account algorithm stops and the money is deposited into whatever account they chose.

I'd start a company that creates a dumb-but-insanely-popular bubble-popping game app that I can sell for a billion dollars so I can retire. Seems like the whole lifecycle of the company should be about 6 months.

I had an idea for a payments system somewhere between direct payment portals like paypal or venmo or patreon, and crowdfunding. I had the idea and noodled around with it before crowdfunding ever became a thing. I still feel like it could have legs if it found the right niche and brand positioning, but the market space for it is diminished considerably being crowdfunding adjacent. On the other hand, normalization of crowdfunding might actually help its adoption, I don't know.

I think I went so far as to register a domain name, but especially dealing with financial transactions, the more I tried to map it out, the more clear it became that building it wasn't for amateurs. And unfortunately, it wasn't something that could start as just a rough approximation of it's future self to see if it has traction before dumping $100k into it.

It would have to kind of be born fully formed, and even though I do believe in the idea, it's truly a sink or swim...no way to really know if it takes off until people have the opportunity to use it. I do legitimately think it's the kind of thing that could be put together for under $250k, and bought by a big cat for $25M or something. But I'll never have that kind of money to dump into it.

Who knows, I haven't looked at it for a few years, maybe something like it exists by now. Maybe it has already existed and failed. But it will always be my "what could have been" idea I keep in my head so I can start it in the unlikely event I win a lottery or have an arm and a leg cut off in an accident with a drunk UPS driver or something.

Reactions: surfnole and DanC78

So effectively a day-trading software application?

I'd start a company that creates a dumb-but-insanely-popular bubble-popping game app that I can sell for a billion dollars so I can retire. Seems like the whole lifecycle of the company should be about 6 months.

My dad is a life long academic. When he is reading stuff on his phone, my mom likes to ride him for always playing his "bubble popping game". Drives him crazy since he played it once and deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Advertising company that focuses on a captive audience. I see the possibility for 6 monitors right there. Digital feed targeted to the type of location the monitor is installed in. Basically a digital version of the Bail Bonds ads that currently sit above urinals.

images

Last edited:
Advertising company that focuses on a captive audience. I see the possibility for 6 monitors right there. Digital feed targeted to the type of location the monitor is installed in. Basically a digital version of the Bail Bonds ads that currently sit above urinals.

images

My buddy is a DUI lawyer and advertises in the urinal. I

Reactions: KevNole
Makes sense right? Targeted advertising. At bars, bail bonds, alcohol, condoms (or day after pills) DUI attorneys, taxi cabs.

Yep. He’s very successful. He also got the domaine DoNotBlow.com. He put it on signboards where the young people hang out. And on koozies, etc.

He gets paid straight cash up front. Tries a ton of cases of year, makes extra money of personal injury referrals from former clients. You don’t have the stress of felony defense and capital charges. Great gig

Yep. He’s very successful. He also got the domaine DoNotBlow.com. He put it on signboards where the young people hang out. And on koozies, etc.

He gets paid straight cash up front. Tries a ton of cases of year, makes extra money of personal injury referrals from former clients. You don’t have the stress of felony defense and capital charges. Great gig

So question for you/him. Does he do it because he doesn't believe in DUI convictions or has just found a niche that he can make money in and offer legal advice? Any lawyer can answer, but I have always wondered about that aspect of the profession, where is the line between simply offering legal advice and services vs selling your soul.

So question for you/him. Does he do it because he doesn't believe in DUI convictions or has just found a niche that he can make money in and offer legal advice? Any lawyer can answer, but I have always wondered about that aspect of the profession, where is the line between simply offering legal advice and services vs selling your soul.

He wanted to be a criminal attorney, but I think he found a niche that serves his skill set. He’s a ridiculously handsome man, so juries love him as soon as he steps into court and he’s a very good trail attorney. But the discovery and all the crap you have to do in civil cases did not interest him.

He does it on principle. And John Morgan really is “for the people.” Duh.

I wish there was some kind of encryption tool that would stop the robocalls, good lord those are getting out of control!

Reactions: Deerfuel2
I would post a thread on warchant and harvest ideas like robotic haircuts.
How has YC not discovered this breeding ground of entrepreneurial brilliance?

Tallahassee could be the next Silicon Valley.

Perhaps an app that sits as a layer between social media users and the actual app they are on. One to help filter a person's posting comments to ensure they aren't drunk posting or just racist posting. Some form of PC dictionary component to also review words that might trigger people. Apparently not everyone realizes in the south "monkey it up" might be deemed racist.

Name it "The Common Sense Tool". We built a tool to counter your parent's work*

*name and slogan being workshopped

Perhaps an app that sits as a layer between social media users and the actual app they are on. One to help filter a person's posting comments to ensure they aren't drunk posting or just racist posting. Some form of PC dictionary component to also review words that might trigger people. Apparently not everyone realizes in the south "monkey it up" might be deemed racist.

Name it "The Common Sense Tool". We built a tool to counter your parent's work*

*name and slogan being workshopped
A tool for tools.

images

Ugh. I am tired of being bombarded by ads at gas station pumps and urinals. Same goes with CNN looping every 15 minutes at airports. Can a person be alone and think?

Ugh. I am tired of being bombarded by ads at gas station pumps and urinals. Same goes with CNN looping every 15 minutes at airports. Can a person be alone and think?
Gas stations, public bathrooms, and airports aren’t generally regarded as where folks go to get much thinking done. Unless they are without home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT