ADVERTISEMENT

That was the dumbest play call I've ever seen

fsusox

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Thank goodness I'm not a Seahawks fan.

I can't think of a worse call than that. I'm sure there is one but that was horrible.

Originally posted by seminole817:
I can't think of a worse call than that. I'm sure there is one but that was horrible.
Quick kick. That my have been worse.

My god, is all I can say.

Somebody needs to answer for that..

Give it to the beast with one timeout.

Originally posted by DukeNole06:

Originally posted by seminole817:
Quick kick. That my have been worse.
Indeed. The quick kick is greatness.

That will probably go down as the worst call in SB history...How can you not run the ball with Marshawn Lynch and 3 downs...Pete Carroll tried to outsmart the PATS and it cost him

Originally posted by DrewFSU:
What's the quick kick?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
The quick kick is when your offense is facing 3rd and forever and probably backed up deep and the QB punts it out of the shotgun. I kinda remember Randal Cunningham doing it once for the eagles and it was a 75 yarder (turf aided).

Originally posted by GodBless:
That will probably go down as the worst call in SB history...How can you not run the ball with Marshawn Lynch and 3 downs...Pete Carroll tried to outsmart the PATS and it cost him

Agreed. That play will be talked about FOREVER. It was literally the difference between winning the SB and losing the SB. That was the worst ever.

If im Seattle, you just going to have to stop beast mode twice because cause I'm going for it baby...especially after a catch like that!!! Would have been BEASTMODE all the way!

Freeman is not as sure a short yardage runner as the Beast. He got 5 yards on the first down play. Everybody knows it was the wrong call. The end zone was too crowded at the goal line for that slant play - because they were looking for the run. Calling a pass play was bad enough - calling THAT pass play was the worst. Wilson didn't see the defender because the play was moving so fast in a very goth space.

I don't think getting a 1 on 1 matchup with a 6'5" WR off play action and throwing it high is the same as that play call. And with all due respect to Freeman, he isn't Lynch.

Originally posted by fsusox:
Thank goodness I'm not a Seahawks fan.
Carroll said that since they'd brought in their goalline defensive that they tried to hit them with a quick slant with 1-on-1 coverage.

If the NE CB doesn't make an incredible play its a TD for Seattle.

I'd have gone with the run, but I see what the Seahawks were doing.

Originally posted by BigTEXNole:
My god, is all I can say.

Somebody needs to answer for that..

Give it to the beast with one timeout.
Carroll did in the post-game.

Not a bad call, but I think that they just out-thought themselves. They got the match-up that they wanted but the NE CB just made an incredible play.

^^^I agree it was a great play. I just don't know why he'd have the opportunity to make that play when it's 2nd down from the 1 and you have a TO. Make them make that great play on 3rd or 4th after you tried Lynch. I think we agree for the most part. And I also assume Carroll took one for the team in that interview. Maybe not, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT