ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC "Network"

JWtruthsquad

Star Player
Oct 13, 2014
Is it just me or is anybody else finding that since the inception of the ACC "network" there are fewer FSU games televised than before? And what exactly constitutes a "network"? How can something possibly be called a "network" if it isn't televised anywhere and doesn't have a channel number associated with it?

It is a strange turn of events that we all screamed for an ACC "network" for years, and now that there apparently is such an animal (or so they tell us) we get fewer games. How can this be? I guess this falls in to the be careful what you ask for category.

Signed,
Confused (my natural state)

Last edited:
Is it just me or is anybody else finding that since the inception of the ACC "network" there are fewer FSU games televised than before? And what exactly constitutes a "network"? How can something possibly be called a "network" if it isn't televised anywhere and doesn't have a channel number associated with it?

It is a strange turn of events that we all screamed for an ACC "network" for years, and now that there apparently is such an animal (or so they tell us) we get fewer games. How can this be? I guess this falls in to the be careful what you ask for category.

Signed,
Confused (my natural state)
I found this with a google search.

" ACC Network is an upcoming American cable and satellite television channel that is owned by ESPN Inc. ... Its digital arm, ACC Network Extra, launched on WatchESPN in 2016 ahead of the linear channel's launch."

Doesn't say when but something is on the way.

The "ACC Network" doesn't currently exist. There is an online streaming aspect of it, but that is all. The actual network is supposed to launch in about 2 years.

If you are talking about last night's BB game, it was online only on WATCHESPN. A lot of the ACC Network games are on one of the cable channels (either local, sometimes Florida Sports/Sunshine).

If you are talking about last night's BB game, it was online only on WATCHESPN. A lot of the ACC Network games are on one of the cable channels (either local, sometimes Florida Sports/Sunshine).

We had it on the TV here. It was on something called ESPN College 3.

quote-the-lie-of-a-pipe-dream-is-what-gives-life-to-the-whole-misbegotten-mad-lot-of-us-drunk-or-sober-eugene-o-neill-315142.jpg

Pipe+dream+pipe+dream_b7b765_5066895.gif

Nascent that it is the ACC network provides access to more FSU game broadcasts in more sports than ever before. Life improved when I figured out how to rig up the internet-flat screen connection

Almost every game has been televised on WatchESPN. It may not be shown on a regular TV channel but you can always stream it on the app so there are actually more televised games with this online version of the ACCNE.

We had it on the TV here. It was on something called ESPN College 3.

You still in Tampa? What cable co? I have Spectrum HD in Pinellas and don't get that channel. I checked the ACC Network local channels for the game and it seemed like every major market in Florida except the Bay had it on a local affiliate.

You still in Tampa? What cable co? I have Spectrum HD in Pinellas and don't get that channel. I checked the ACC Network local channels for the game and it seemed like every major market in Florida except the Bay had it on a local affiliate.

We have Spectrum right across the bay from you.

couldn't find it in clearwater on dish....glad i didn't

The "ACC Network" doesn't currently exist. There is an online streaming aspect of it, but that is all. The actual network is supposed to launch in about 2 years.

This. While the ACC's syndicated content has been branded "ACC Network" for years, there hasn't been, and still isn't an ACC Network. The actual ACC Network will launch next year. Some cable carriage deals are already in place (including NYC) and all the streaming services, and the schools have already invested in the studios/equipment.

It's yet to be seen, but my educated guess is that it will be available on nearly every cable system at launch, much like the SEC Network. I think the ACC and ESPN placed a high priority on avoiding the bad PR of a prolonged carriage fight. That's part of why it was pushed to 2019...it gives a chance for nearly every ESPN carriage arrangement to come due and be renegotiated with ACC Network as part of it, instead of having to shoehorn it into existing deals.

The only question that really remains, is how much money it generates. While I am confident in near universal carriage, I'm much less confident projecting how much revenue it will provide. Partly because I think the ACC and ESPN will be favoring getting carriage over going to the mattresses over the fee like the Pac 12 has done with DirectTV.

Don't have all the knowledge some of you do with the whole ACC network thing. Here is what I do know FSU vs. UVA tomorrow is on the ACC network; meanwhile ESPN 2 has WF v. um, ESPNU has USF v. UCONN and ESPN News has ECU v. Temple. Even if you aren't a Nole fan is it pretty obvious what the best game of these 4 are. Oh well I will listen on FSU radio network.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT