ADVERTISEMENT

The Eye of the Storm is here

Regal Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2006
Here is the latest information I can share...

Thus far ESPN and FOX have somewhat cooperated to form the P2 Super Leagues. It has been a brilliant plan all along to keep Apple and Amazon away so far. What better way to keep them out than by gutting the Big 12 and PAC right before their media rights are about to go on the market. That phase has been completed and the SEC and B1G have locked up all the major linear time slots (as well as NBC's and CBS's) in their deals.

The next phase is securing the expiring rights to the remaining middleweight schools. With the Big 12 and PAC rendered vulnerable due to losing their heavyweights, the ACC, and more importantly the ACC Network, will provide assurance and stability to migrate some of the PAC (and perhaps some of the Big 12) schools over. That is what is being worked on this week by ESPN and Jim Phillips. When that happens, ESPN will have secured the pieces to form their Tier 2 middleweight league.

Here is where it could get interesting. FOX may try to do the same thing using the Big 12 as the consolidating middleweight conference. Until this is decided, all ACC members will tow the company line.

But once it is decided, ESPN will require a restructured ACC and ACC Network for the new "Alliance Coast Conference". And when that happens the existing ACC contract and GOR are gone. And that will release the heavyweights to greener pastures without significant penalties.

I am told FSU, ESPN, FOX, the B1G and the SEC is ready. But prepare for major turbulence and buckle up because I am not sure this will all go smoothly. May the Force be with us!

I will share more when I can...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News