ADVERTISEMENT

The Green Monster

cornnoleio11

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2007
St. John's, FL
Just purchased standing room tix on The Green Monster for the Boston trip. Red Sox v. Rays Monday night. Can't wait as it my first trip to Boston. Has anyone been to Fenway and sat on the Green Monster? Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Squirrel J.
I didn't sit on the wall, drank at the bar right behind the wall. Game, stadium tour. Definitely visit the bar in left field across the street, it's a Boston sports landmark (forget the name)

I'm hoping to catch that game if the wife ever gets approved for the time off. Doubt I'll be on the Monster as I don't do heights.

Been to Fenway a couple of times but never sat atop the "Monsta". You will have a blast and as mentioned above I spent lots of time at Cask n' Flagon. There is also a little bar built into Fenway in right-center that can be accessed from outside the stadium. Before the game they have the garage doors open and you can look into Fenway from just beyond the outfield wall. Have a great time!

Just an FYI for all my fellow Noles traveling up for the game...we bought three tix to the Monday night game, standing room seats on the Monster, for $30 a pop. Would love to take over the Monster with some fellow Noles.

Just an FYI for all my fellow Noles traveling up for the game...we bought three tix to the Monday night game, standing room seats on the Monster, for $30 a pop. Would love to take over the Monster with some fellow Noles.

You'll love Fenway, my favorite baseball park. The Fenway frank and the lobster roll are both excellent choices for stadium food.

I sat up there a couple years ago, but not worth the price for the seats. You definitely made the best choice price wise, great view and it's great for the novelty. You will be standing unless you can snag a seat, which may be a possibility. The team is stinking up the joint and it will be a miracle if we are even sniffing a playoff spot at that point. This will increase your chances of a couple seats being open. I would also recommend you get there early so you can get a spot at the counter{bar} where you can at least lean your weary body, while watching the game. Not much up there in the way of concessions, just the basics, limited beer selection as well. You do have access to the main concourse which offers a wider selection and you'll have to go down below to use the bathroom as well. Have fun and enjoy my beloved Beantown!

Heading there Tuesday night's game, which is the night of the Pedro ceremony. We were able to get 5th row seats this time for the same price we would usually pay for grandstand.

Haven't been to a game there but did take the ballpark tour on an off day. They take you out to the Green Monster and the little tables and chairs they have there. Not much space, I imagine it gets crowded during games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT