ADVERTISEMENT

The little things...

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
I’ve noticed more and more lately how lawlessness and disrespectful behavior seem more routine.

For instance, people crossing the intersection when the electronic sign says don’t cross

Or when I drive on i95 how people cross multiple lanes and pass you, cutting you off with just a few feet to spare

Both of these actions may be minor but both involve potential harm to others by their selfish ways

I also notice people at red lights just throwing their trash out the windows for someone else to clean up

I hear younger folks use the F bomb at will in front of children and women

I was raised to give up your seat to a woman or the elderly, clean up after yourself, don’t use foul language ( soap in mouth would follow), obey authority, drive carefully etc

This attitude of me,me,me at all costs is foreign to me

It just gets worse

Evil prevails when good men do nothing!

I’ve noticed more and more lately how lawlessness and disrespectful behavior seem more routine.

For instance, people crossing the intersection when the electronic sign says don’t cross

Or when I drive on i95 how people cross multiple lanes and pass you, cutting you off with just a few feet to spare

Both of these actions may be minor but both involve potential harm to others by their selfish ways

I also notice people at red lights just throwing their trash out the windows for someone else to clean up

I hear younger folks use the F bomb at will in front of children and women

I was raised to give up your seat to a woman or the elderly, clean up after yourself, don’t use foul language ( soap in mouth would follow), obey authority, drive carefully etc

This attitude of me,me,me at all costs is foreign to me

It just gets worse

Evil prevails when good men do nothing!
I feel for you. Where do you live?

I don't think any of these things are new. I bet my father said the same thing back in the 60s. The most consistent thing is as we get older, we want to claim the younger generation is out of control.

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

Yep.

Every generation thinks the generation before them is worse going back to Neanderthals probably.

Those people have always been around. Two thousand years ago, religious leaders had Christ crucified because he threatened their hold on power. If you want to go back further, just look at Eve in the garden.

It’s been bad since “ the fall”!

It’s a sign of the times!

It will get much worse!

We’re not to tuck and run, hang in there believers and fight the good fight. A righteous anger is not a bad thing, but corrections have to be with love, sometimes “ tough love”!

I was fortunate enough to spend 10 days in South Florida a few weeks ago. The first several days were in a resort on Fort Lauderdale beach. Federal and 17th street were nuts. Then we went to Lighthouse Point and it was amazing. I think that neck of the woods is much like any place else. There are good spots and bad. Having lived in Seattle and Chicago the same can be said about those places as well.

I’ve lived here in ft Lauderdale my whole life

Lauderdale by the sea( anglins pier area) used to be little mom and pop hotels

Real quaint and village like

I loved it down there

4 blocks from the house I grew up in Oakland park was “Porkys bar”, yep the same porky Bain they made the movie about

My friends and I went into the bar and saw the spray paint where his body laid

My company painted the embassy suites on 17 st causeway when new, my biggest job to date back then

I do love the beach just don’t get down there much
Love to fish offshore, but sold my boat ( the pump or jump thing got old, man girls can sure swim good)

Believe it or not I lived on a ranch where my dad used to board horses, my backyard was the Everglades

Then Jackie Gleason and inverrary came in and the ranch had to go

Ft Lauderdale has lots of good memories for ol itch!

Last edited:
I’ve lived here in ft Lauderdale my whole life

Lauderdale by the sea( angling pier area) used to be little mom and pop hotels

Real quaint and village like

I loved it down there

4 blocks from the house I grew up in Oakland park was “Porkys bar”, yep the same porky Bain they made the movie about

My grinds and I went into the bar and saw the spray paint where his body laid

My company painted the embassy suites on 17 st causeway when new, my biggest job to date back then

I do love the beach just don’t get down there much
Love to fish offshore, but sold my boat ( the pump or jump thing got old, man girls can sure swim good)

Believe it or not I lived on a ranch where my dad used to board horses, my backyard was the Everglades

Then Jackie Gleason and inverrary came in and the ranch had to go

Ft Lauderdale has lots of good memories for ol itch!
I grew up in the same area. Went to STA for high school. My wife went to Gibbons. Funny you mention Lauderdale by the Sea. I still drive through the area and think it is utopia. Just beautiful. Pompano beach has improved as well. The Federal Highway area is not good. But there are still areas down there that are incredible.

I grew up in the same area. Went to STA for high school. My wife went to Gibbons. Funny you mention Lauderdale by the Sea. I still drive through the area and think it is utopia. Just beautiful. Pompano beach has improved as well. The Federal Highway area is not good. But there are still areas down there that are incredible.

I went to northeast, sworn enemies in football to gibbons, but we all partied together

Lhp is overpriced, pompano and Deerfield are getting up there too

Fan2u worked in Deerfield, not sure if she still does

On federal did you see coral ridge church? I painted the tower, spire and cross at the top

At 20 something had 32 men working for me

I painted high rises up and down the beach

Reactions: ChiefWB
I took the old bleachers down at gibbons and sold therm to a tiny rodeo in binford North Dakota

Then my guys went out for a month and reinstalled them

Reactions: ChiefWB
I went to northeast, sworn enemies in football to gibbons, but we all partied together

On federal did you see coral ridge church? I painted the tower, spire and cross at the top

The church at westminster academy? That is impressive. It’s a landmark.

Reactions: littleitch1
Talk about a small world indeed. I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale and went to Westminster Academy myself, class of 2015. Some of the best teachers I've ever had were at that school.

Fort Lauderdale is becoming a cesspool and I absolutely refuse to go down there more than twice a year. It seems to get more crowded, hot and arrogant with ever visit.

Those people have always been around. Two thousand years ago, religious leaders had Christ crucified because he threatened their hold on power. If you want to go back further, just look at Eve in the garden.
I agree that we have always had asshats around or Neanderthals that just don't know how to act. I can remember as a kid in the 70's hearing the grown ups complain about the hippies and so on. I think you just get less tolerant as you get older. However, I do also agree that people now (of all ages) seem to be more about their little bubble instead of being concerned about who is around or having common courtesy. Its not a new thing but it does seem to get worse over time and with age.

Yes, still in Deerfield Beach. 24 years and counting. Can't wait to get out of here! It sure has changed.

1-Did she have to choke out a “ Karen gone wild”!

2- did the pilot pass out and she flew the plane?

3- did she have to perform the “ heimlich “?

4- did she have to perform an emergency “ finger wave”?

5-did she choke out some radical psycho?

6- oh boy, she had to give mouth to mouth
To someone with extremely bad breath cause no one else would?

7- ok this has to be it, she kicked in the bathroom door cause someone locked themselves in and that Italian food was playing hell on fan2u’s stomach!

8- ok this has to be it, she sat next to samu and rather than cause a big scene she just let his fat roll over her arm for the entire flight home?

Geez can’t think of much else

1-Did she have to choke out a “ Karen gone wild”!

2- did the pilot pass out and she flew the plane?

3- did she have to perform the “ heimlich “?

4- did she have to perform an emergency “ finger wave”?

5-did she choke out some radical psycho?

6- oh boy, she had to give mouth to mouth
To someone with extremely bad breath cause no one else would?

7- ok this has to be it, she kicked in the bathroom door cause someone locked themselves in and that Italian food was playing hell on fan2u’s stomach!

8- ok this has to be it, she sat next to samu and rather than cause a big scene she just let his fat roll over her arm for the entire flight home?

Geez can’t think of much else
Not that it bothers me because its actually a fitting description but how is it that the term "Karen" is acceptable? A stereotype or moniker for any other racial or protected group is strictly forbidden these days and grounds for execution but this one seems to be ok. Why?

Reactions: noletaire
Not that it bothers me because its actually a fitting description but how is it that the term "Karen" is acceptable? A stereotype or moniker for any other racial or protected group is strictly forbidden these days and grounds for execution but this one seems to be ok. Why?

A hole seems like it could be universally accepted?

You can't go! They'll miss the magic finger!

Btw, congrats on being a life saver on the flight home. That's not the first time, right?
No it is not the first time. It seems in the past few years, medical emergencies find me. I have had 3 issues on flights and 2 at NASCAR races. One guy at NASCAR was already dead when I got there, and he sadly didn't make it. Doing CPR on a metal bench is pretty rough.

This time, we were flying home from Italy (what a fabulous country!!) Saturday, 2.5 hours from the UK, 3.5 hours from Canada give or take and a 66 year old male passed out. When I got to his seat, he was sweating profusely, had a heart rate of 40 and his blood pressure was 60/40. He was going in and out of consciousness. The FA carried him to the back galley of the plane and laid him on the floor. He was also having an irregular pulse. He felt better laying down but his blood pressure remained low. I started IV fluids and made the decision not to turn the plane around. He was refusing to go to the hospital. His pulse and BP slowly came up and he was able to sit up without passing out again. I stayed with him for about 4 hours and then we moved him to a first class seat that could lie down. He was met by EMS upon arrival in Miami and evacuated from the plane.

I was given dessert and a cappuccino from the airline for my help. At least Spirit airlines gave me free drinks!

No it is not the first time. It seems in the past few years, medical emergencies find me. I have had 3 issues on flights and 2 at NASCAR races. One guy at NASCAR was already dead when I got there, and he sadly didn't make it. Doing CPR on a metal bench is pretty rough.

This time, we were flying home from Italy (what a fabulous country!!) Saturday, 2.5 hours from the UK, 3.5 hours from Canada give or take and a 66 year old male passed out. When I got to his seat, he was sweating profusely, had a heart rate of 40 and his blood pressure was 60/40. He was going in and out of consciousness. The FA carried him to the back galley of the plane and laid him on the floor. He was also having an irregular pulse. He felt better laying down but his blood pressure remained low. I started IV fluids and made the decision not to turn the plane around. He was refusing to go to the hospital. His pulse and BP slowly came up and he was able to sit up without passing out again. I stayed with him for about 4 hours and then we moved him to a first class seat that could lie down. He was met by EMS upon arrival in Miami and evacuated from the plane.

I was given dessert and a cappuccino from the airline for my help. At least Spirit airlines gave me free drinks!

Great job!!

We are all proud of you girl!

Maybe but in these times of hyper sensitivity I'm surprised there hasn't been outrage over a moniker penned for a entitled white woman. While were at it lets use Ken to describe a entitled white Christian male.
"Potato Head" says hello. Used to be "Mr. Potato Head", but apparently his gender was traumatic for the 6 year olds that used to play with him.

Would love for someone to explain the rationale for that one....

"Potato Head" says hello. Used to be "Mr. Potato Head", but apparently his gender was traumatic for the 6 year olds that used to play with him.

Would love for someone to explain the rationale for that one....

I think they just re boxed it and made a neutral version but still sell the original version.

Reactions: noletaire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT