ADVERTISEMENT

The most dreaded chore

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
Taking down Christmas decorations. UGH. I've started taking down a few things this evening since its raining and my Direct TV signal is down.
I used to wait until the day after New Years, but this Christmas has been stressful and not particularly happy. I could do without half the stuff I put up, too. This is probably the year I do some "editing".
Stuff from the 90's can probably be the first to go...

Taking down Christmas decorations. UGH. I've started taking down a few things this evening since its raining and my Direct TV signal is down.
I used to wait until the day after New Years, but this Christmas has been stressful and not particularly happy. I could do without half the stuff I put up, too. This is probably the year I do some "editing".
Edit is a term that makes sense. We have gotten shed of lots of stuff this year. It has to go...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know when you edit down to one two foot tall tree on the dining room table...that you store in a black plastic bag in the attic.

Reactions: goldmom
On the flip side, I bought and decorated a tree for the first time this year and loved it.

I will let you know on Wednesday if I still feel the same when we put all the stuff away.

Here's to happier days Goldie!

Over Thanksgiving my saintly wife sorted through our Christmas boxes and gave away 90% to an organization for young families.

But no matter what she says I'm dragging my heels on ditching decades of marine goods and fishing gear just because.

I was ready to take it all down the day after, but the inlaws threw a fit. Also don't know how to dispose of this giant 10ft tree we chopped down out of the forest.

Reactions: FSUSarah
I am Jewish. Never had one as a child and never did it as an adult until now. Always loved the smell and love to look at the lights and decorations, just never in my house. 2018, the year of change!
thanks for sharing. I was raised JW so I didn't celebrate Christmas until age 13. I still wonder sometimes if I'm doing it right.

Just know that your January and this coming new year will be so much better! The stress of the Holidays is now over. Just try to relax and focus on what really makes you feel good. Find your passion and go for it! Editing is good as we progress....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT